Saturday, December 21, 2013

More Christmas Cheer

I have been so busy creating that I have a little stockpile of Christmas projects to share before Christmas arrives.  This one was another card popped into the mail earlier this week and should arrive in time for the holidays.

Another one of my Gelli Plate backgrounds.  You can see I was using the blues and tans still on the plate.  I used Paper Artsy Fresco Finishes (Irish Cream, Mermaid) with the Tim Holtz Stencil. 

I sponged brown dye ink over the ruler stencil in both corners to add more movement. :)  I then stamped the Penny Black stamp in the top right corner.  I colored this with STAEDTLER Karat Aquarell watercolor pencils.  To help the birds pop more I did two things.  I heat embossed them with brown embossing powder while the ink was wet.  I also then shaded around the image with the brown watercolor pencils.  I take it back I did three things I also added white highlights in the darker areas.

After that was done I added a the sentiment on a coordinating background paper and a little touch of the holly and some burlap and ribbon.

Now off to the store to pick up groceries!

Happy Saturday!

Suzz


5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Suzz, wonderful backdrop and beautifully embellished. Love the imagery. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just adorable, Sue! I haven't used those sweet PB birds near enough this year! Pinning this for inspiration next year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautifull card,
    bye from France
    Pitchoune

    ReplyDelete
  4. And what a beautiful cheer it is. Thank you for such an inspirational year and have a wonderful and magical Christmas. From my family to yours. ..! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how you used that Penny black stamp.... just gorgeous!! Merry Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!