Sunday, February 2, 2014

Who Loves You Baby?

Blessed Sunday to you!  Today is Superbowl Sunday for all of us in the U.S.  We have a party to attend later with family.  I finished two tags for Tim's February tag.  I struggled quite a bit as I have no Chalkboard stamps large enough to fill the tag the way Tim's did.  I am not quite happy with either of my tags, but time to move on!

 I made these beautiful backgrounds with a mix of Ranger Distress Stains - Picked Raspberry, Silver and Picket Fence.  I smeared on the craft mat with a Perfect Pearl Mister spritzing.  I ended up with three sheets of cardstock with this background. (Which was a good thing as I dithered back and forth about how to use them and cut up multiple pieces.

For this tag I sponged on pink dye ink using varying heart sized over the background and embossed them with the clear embossing powder similar to what Tim did on his tag.  I sponged the edges with pink dye ink.  I create various glittery hearts by die cutting the hearts and adding Crushed Silver Glitter from Stampendous.

The sentiment and image were stamped in black ink and embossed in black embossing powder on the pink and silver background.  The image is from Artistic Outpost Think and Wonder and the sentiment from Stampers Anonymous Visual Artistry.

My Second Tag:
 I started with the same stencil but used Wendy Vecchi Silver Embossing Paste to put the hears on the background. I edged the tag with silver.

I then decided to create foil hearts with embossing and smeared with pink acrylic paint and then a coast of Ranger Distress Ink - Picked Raspberries.  The cool part was as I put the distress stain on it took some of the paint off to expose the metal.  I then smeared a touch of Stazon ink (Gray) to highlight the embossed areas and the edges.  I then stamped the sentiment on vellum using Versamark and heat embossed the letters with black embossing powder.  I stamped the image (Artistic Outpost - Picture Star) using black ink on the same pink and silver background and embossed him in black embossing powder.

I am going to have to find a pink Tootsie pop to attach to this when I give it to my hubby.  My kids won't even know why I put the sentiment on this tag as they are too young. 

Thanks for stopping by!

Suzz

9 comments:

  1. Your tags are fab! You always eek out fresh new looks with AO images. Inspiring! Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. fab tags. love the crushed silver glitter and the second one is such a great combination of elements.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your tags so cool but also lovely ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love both your tags, and the colors are just gorgeous, will have to try that combination out! waving hi from the hills of North Carolina ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. awesome projects Suzz. I love the Who loves you baby one

    ReplyDelete
  6. These tags looks great too. Anneke.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Had to smile when I saw your post title! and then I look at the expression on your image's face. The tag is just lovely and the sentiment is so motivational and perfectly cute with that little girl's face!

    Looking at your second tag. For me it's 'adorable' grunge!! How fun and think of all of the occasions you could use it for!! The trim is wonderful is vintage wonderful! Too cute about your kids, Sue!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A grin here. You are so right about the easel being perfect for these cute kids! Love how you did the buttons to pull it off too! Very cute!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!