Sunday, February 2, 2014

Love Letters

When I heard  the challenge this week  at  Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge    was Love Letters I knew exactly what I wanted to play with.  I had these cute little blocks in my alterable stash waiting to be decorated.  I pulled them out to create letter blocks that could make different Valentine's messages..


This particular project ended up being a little more work than I thought as I had so many sides to decorate with different images and letters.

I cut all the pieces for the sides from various coordinating papers. I then thought of the messages and the letters I wanted on my blocks. I stamped the letters first with black ink and added the various stamped hearts over the letters.

 The remainder of the sides is a combination of stamping and various images from pattern papers.
 I sponged a touch of white acrylic paint on the backgrounds to soften the edges.

 Products:
Authentique Smitten , Kelly Purkey Plain Jane  Alphabet, Smitten, LovelyMemory Box Love & Hearts, Hero Arts Watch Gears,  Graphic 45 - A Place in Time,    Prickly Pear - Singing Bird,  Ranger Archival Ink - VermillionRanger archival Ink - Jet BlackWhite Acrylic Paint,

Come share your love letter inspired project for an opportunity to win a  Simon Says Stamp $50 Gift Voucher.

Thanks for stopping by!

Suzz

18 comments:

  1. fabulous project. The work was worth it Suzz.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These blocks are adorable, Suzz! What fun your kids will have with these. Great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous Suzz, I love your idea. The imagery is wonderful and I love how you added white acrylic. Love the lettering too. Enjoy your week. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow.... this is such a fun and beautiful project, Suzz. Love those sweet images. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely love these adorable blocks and your take on the theme!! There is so much work in this project but worth every second...it's wonderful Suzz! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is wonderful Sue!! Love all the little blocks and they look wonderful together. Perfect images and colours. Thank you for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh how cuuuuuute Suzanne! I love those boxes with all the sweet photos and hearts! Truly a work of heart :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. so gorgeous Suzz. they definitely look like a lot of work went into them!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ohh wow Suzz, these are such cute cubes!! Love the vintage romantic style! Gorgeous! Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are so sweet! You've done a wonderful job embellishing each side. It may have taken awhile, but it was so worth it. I love them! Great décor project!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fun project, Suzz! I love the papers you used :)

    *mwah*
    Steph
    Simon Says Stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a genius interpretation of this week's theme! And I love how the blocks are so versatile on so many sides. I pictured myself having all sorts of fun making configurations with these! So clever and beautifully done, as always!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love, love your letter blocks... definitely worth all the work! I have some sitting waiting to be altered, so this is wonderful inspiration to get on with it, thank you!!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your blocks are wonderful! I think it was really a lot of work, but the result is worth it: it's amazing! BArbarayaya

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Suzz,

    Wow!!!

    All your hard work paid off, these are just darling. I think these would be fabulous for so many display spots.

    Thanks for sharing your beautiful creation!

    Blessings,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  16. A super idea! I love this boxes with the cute images and hearts.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Seriously ... wonderful interpretation of this week's theme. I've been playing around with an idea for a piece for my friend's new baby. Your project just put that idea into overdrive. Thanks for the inspiration Suzz!! I absolutely love this project!! -- Mary Elziabeth

    ReplyDelete
  18. WOW - a lot of work, indeed... but well worth it!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!