Sunday, February 16, 2014

Faux Cameo

Cameo?  What does that bring to mind?  A vintage brooch with a beautiful silhouette?  A cameo appearance on a TV show or in a movie?  That is the challenge for this week at  Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge   

 I went back and forth on what I wanted to try.  I decided to play with some of the putty mold and create a faux cameo.  
To create my faux cameo I used the  Ranger Melt Art Mold and Pour
I mixed the putty together and pressed my vintage cupid into the putty. I let it sit to harden and then I heated up a mix of clear and pink embossing powder.  When the two were melted together I poured them into my mold. 

After the cherub had cooled off,  I popped him out of the mold.  I have to admit I am addicted to the mold and pour putty. I had to purchase more Mold and Pour so I could continue making more projects.  I made a batch of gold buttons with Stampendous Aged Gold Embossing Enamel

For my canvas I started with a burlap canvas:

I painted over the surface with a mix of pink and white acrylic paint:
I glimmer misted crepe paper and added white and pink acrylic paint to the surface. 
I stamped script onto the dried crepe pieces. I then decoupaged the crepe paper randomly over the background.   I then stamped the Eiffel Tower onto tissue paper and used the same medium to attach it to the background. 

I had a clock face from an old discarded clock that I used to stamp the vintage lady onto. I hid the hole for the clock hands with a black gem which I used as a beauty mark for my image. 

I stamped the sentiment and Paris onto vellum which was used to accent the images.  I die cut the oval frame and the butterfly and them used versamark to heat emboss them with black embossing powder. I repeated a few times to give them a nice shiny thick surface.

Products:
 Ranger Melt Pot Mold and Pour   clear Embossing Powder,   pink embossing powderRanger Melt Pot  Floral Oval Spellbinder die,   Chloe Butterfly DieRanger archival Ink - Jet BlackWhite Acrylic Paint,
Pink Acrylic Paint,  Black Embossing Powder, Versamark Watermark Ink, Artistic Outpost - Paris Exposition, Artistic Outpost - Loverly London, Crepe Paper, Burlap Canvas, Black Gems, Vellum, StazOn - Jet Black Ink, Stampendous Aged Gold Embossing Enamel,     Tattered Angels Glimmer mist - Pink

The  Simon Says Stamp $50 Gift Voucher is available to a randomly selected participant in this week's challenge.  Come join in on the fun! 

Thanks for stopping by! 

Suzz

20 comments:

  1. this is so very clever - love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful canvas, love the sweet cherub!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely and very inspiring, I think I will enter, your project really got me thinking...thank you

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow,Suzz! Love your burlap panel! It's so sweet and gorgeously shabby chic! The little cherub is so cute! Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning, I love your Cameo, the mold and pour is great fun isn't it. I love your pink and white backdrop and the delicate butterfly is gorgeous. Wonderful mix of images too. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really pretty burlap creation, Suzz! I love the shades of pink :)

    *mwah*
    Steph
    Simon Says Stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Suzz...such a pretty little vintage/shabby canvas. I just love mold n pour. You little cherub is so sweet as part of your project. Those black die cut butterfly wings are a great addition as well. <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful burlap canvas!! The crepe paper is so pretty and so is the painted background.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your Paris-inspired canvas is tres Jolie! Love the pink and black. I loved seeing the mold photos. I've never done that. Very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Suzz,

    Wow, I've never even heard of this pour and melt stuff, sounds amazing.

    Your whole project from start to finish is just wildly wonderful. I'm inspired by you once again.

    Blessings,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  11. Holy cow! Your genius never ceases to inspire! I love how your little cupid turned out. Sometimes my molded objects are a little wonky, so I admire your molding skills! I also thought it was brilliant to use glimmer mist on crepe paper! Thanks for the constant flow of inspiration from your blog to my brain!

    ReplyDelete
  12. fabulous Suzz. I really like how you made your own cameo with the molding.

    ReplyDelete
  13. A very sophisticated and elegant canvas and the mold and pour cameo is just amazing...I love everything about this, it's fabulous Suzz! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. The cherubs are adorable - and I love that pretty pink over the burlap.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my goodness - love what you did with that mold!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your cameo! The little cupid is fabulous and original idea to create it with those materials! I love everything in your small canvas, a wonderful job!BArbarayaya

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow.. Suzz, the melt art mold looks so fun! Love the beautiful vintage cupid you created. Such a gorgeous canvas! Love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such a pretty canvas Suzanne! Love the sweet mold that you made and the French theme! Thanks for the inspiration now I need to go dust off my Melt Art Mold and Pour and get crafty!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love how these colors just pop together...and this canvas is so fun...I love how you created your own piece...AWESOME!!!

    Hugs
    Nancy T.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love how these colors just pop together...and this canvas is so fun...I love how you created your own piece...AWESOME!!!

    Hugs
    Nancy T.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!