Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Love & Devotion

The sun is shining, yeah!  How about a yellow hued card to bring out the sunshine?  I have been seeing so many beautiful yellow hued cards that it had me thinking of what  could create in yellow.

 I had recently inked up this flourish and flower background stamp from DarkRoom Door called Flower Garden. I loved how beautiful it was and wondered how it would look in yellow.  I inked the stamp up with the Ranger Archival Saffron ink to create two layers of background.  I then took the handsome couple from the Henry and Harriet Collage Stamp and stamped them in the middle using brown ink. I also added a hint of brown embossing powder to help define the image over the floral background.

I added a leftover bit of burlap down the side with a row of flowers.  When I finished doing that I decided this would make a lovely vintage anniversary or wedding card.  I looked in my stamps and found the Word Block stamp  Love with all types of loving words.  I picked out the Love and Devotion and masked off the stamp with post it notes.  I inked it up and pulled off the post it notes and stamped it onto the vellum.

Have a wonderful Tuesday!

Suzz

6 comments:

  1. love the colour you've chosen for the background stamp Suzz and the corner flower arrangement is just delightful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohhh, you have me thinking yellow .... and i usually dont do yellow ... what a fabulous card!!! love the corner embellishments!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous sunshine tones - hope it works on the weather!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous Suzz. The brown and yellows together are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous, Sue! Love that image.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!