Friday, February 21, 2014

Paint Your Dreams


Today is the big finale for the blog hop between Stampendous and May Arts!  If you missed out on all of the inspiration this week head over to the Stampendous blog and start from the beginning.  There are lovely prizes being given out to randomly selected comments.


Today's project is a card but it is a mixed media project.  I think this one will have to wait for my little sister's birthday because she is an artist and this would be perfect for her.


My background was left over from the previous project on Wednesday. (A painted background using the Creative Palette). 

I stamped over it with the music definition in black.  I then added a row of flourishes along the left side. I stamped the beautiful flowers to the right and colored them with STAEDTLER Karat Aquarell Watercolor Pencils. 

I stamped the beautiful face using black ink onto tissue paper.  I decoupaged it over my previous stamping and softened the whole effect with a whitewash of paint. 

I created her fancy hat using the beautiful May Arts Silk ribbon.  I took a large glue dot and scrunched a small piece of the ribbon onto the glue dot to form mini flowers.  I then stuck them onto the top of her head.

Products: Creative Palette, Stampendous Life is Art, Stampendous Sweet Pea, Stampendous Jumbo Cling Music, Stampendous Glance, May Arts Ribbon, Ranger Archival Ink - Black, Deco Art Decoupage, Deco Art - Americana - White Acrylic Paint,  Pink, Green

Now  hop along to see all the inspiration:

Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful weekend! 

Suzz

32 comments:

  1. Fabulous! I said this on another post...I really like face stamps and have many but this one is beautiful. your ribbon treatment is terrific! thanks for sharing.
    stamping sue
    http://stampingsueinconnecticut.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card! Your little sister is going to love it. I think you're an artist as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're sister isn't the only artist! I love this! All the different elements have come together beautifully and her "hat" is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how you used the ribbon! this is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous piece of art!!! LOVE the ribbon hat! It is incredible and I think it makes this piece of art perfect! Love all the elements and great details! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Years ago I cross-stitched a piece somewhat like this and always loved it. this is the first time I've seen it in paper crafting and I love it even more. She is beautiful and the flowers in her hair really pop. thanks for sharing such a wonderful piece.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You've really created a real " nature girl"!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So beautiful! Thanks for sharing your talent!

    ReplyDelete
  9. so pretty. I love everything about it. it's so artsy and vintage. very cool. it's nice to see the totally different takes on this stamp. very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome! Love the colors. Thank You for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The Ribbon trim in that stunning colour is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome project! The ribbon on the hat really sets if off. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. these are just amazing. Very awesome, I love the coloration. thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  14. You do such beautiful work, this is simply stunning, love the artistic look with those pretty colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very cool creation! I love the colors, and the contrast!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous! Love this mixed media card! You did a fantastic job!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a lovely gift for your sister--I like the ribbon hat you created.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Just when I thought I didn't need this stamp... I passed it up last week... sigh, now I need it... great card!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great card.

    craftymom205 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  20. WOW - she is STUNNING!!!

    LOVE your layered stamping and BEAUTIFUL colours, finished off perfectly with DELIGHTFUL ribbon & bling - LOVE IT ALL!!!

    ... still haven't tried your tissue paper stamping technique yet, looking forward to it even more now - THANK YOU for the exciting and inky inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love your work it's so raw! just wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is beautiful, love the colors with the white wash over it.

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is beautiful, love the colors with the white wash over it.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Ingenious use of ribbon for the hat & a lovely textured background too

    ReplyDelete
  25. Beautiful card!! The ribbon flowers are amazing and just perfect!
    <3 J

    jwoolbright at gmail dot com

    Please visit my brand-new blog: http://herpeacefulgarden.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. This is beautiful! I love how you stamped the flowers on the right side and incorporated the face. Amazing that you know how to achieve this, I wish I could pull something like this together, ha! And the ribbon in the hair is wonderful, love what you did. Thanks for sharing.

    Katie B.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Sue, artistic tendencies must run in your family then because you too are a fabulous artist! This is a gorgeous creation and the composition is gorgeous. I could never arrange ribbon in such a beautiful way. That really does look like mini roses.

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!