Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Family

All this week the Stampendous Design Team is hopping with May Arts.  I decided to create an upside down tag. 

I started playing around with paint and the Creative Palette.  I brayered pink paint over the surface and used a touch of sequence waste to apply patches of white paint. I then placed the cardstock onto the palette and picked up the painted surface. 

After the surface dried I stamped randomly over the background a combination of the music definition and the music from the new Mixed Media Musical Motif set. 

I then cut down my shape to a tag, distressed the edges.  I stamped the Minuet Bird using black ink onto the background and heat embossed him with black embossing powder.

I colored the bird with a mix of golds and greens using STAEDTLER Karat Aquarell watercolor pencils.

I stamped the Cherish Family quote onto tissue paper using black ink and decoupaged it to the surface. I wanted to make sure it popped on the surface and paint sometimes absorbs the ink so the tissue paper allows me to get the depth of color.

Hop over to the Stampendous blog and check out the posts this week as there is so many lovely projects using the beautiful May Arts ribbon and the Stampendous stamps!

ma_stampendous


Thanks for stopping by!

Suzz

38 comments:

  1. beautiful tag and so cool upside down - love how you finished the top!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the results! Beautiful colors and patterns. I love the look of stamping on tissue paper. I think I'll give it a try. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! The bird is so pretty! Love the way you colored him!! This tag is sure to delight the recipient!! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. cool idea for the upside down tag.
    stamping sue
    http://stampingsueinconnecticut.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. You know I love this, Sue, with that sweet bird and the doilies. Never even considered the idea of turning the tag upside down - great idea! And I love that sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I love your tag and your sentiment!! Your tag is so breathtakingly beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So wonderful! Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful tag! That's neat that you flipped it around!

    ReplyDelete
  9. love it the stamp and the colors

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fun tag! I do love the bright colors, and the fabulous sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful tag and such pretty colors!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The tag is beautiful. Love the colors and the little bird. Great project.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely tag. Great idea to turn it on it's head for something different. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awesome tag. Love that you turned it upside down to shake things up a bit!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow this upside down tag design is simply gorgeous, love that bird and those colors are so pretty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wonderful tag! Your collages are always so inspiring! They always turn out amazing, I love the colors, and that quote is wonderful (on my wishlist). Thanks for sharing.

    Katie B.

    ReplyDelete
  17. how beautiful is that. just amazing! thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Absolutely stunning creation! Love the little roses at the top & the use of the doily!

    ReplyDelete
  19. A gorgeous vibrancy to your tag, a very, very pretty tag.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  20. Amazing! Great Job! Thank You for Sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I LOVE your tag....so many wonderful things to look at and enjoy! Thanks for the tip abt stamping on the tissue paper first.
    <3 J

    jwoolbright at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Very pretty tag.
    I like the colors
    and the techniques.
    Carla from Utah

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a wonderful Shabby chic tag! Love it! And terrific techniques you used too!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. BEAUTIFUL tag Suzanne!!!

    Your upside down tag works perfectly with your pretty design and is a fun change on tradition. LOVE the colour combo, the ribbons and the sentiment too - thank you for sharing your tissue paper tip :)

    THANK YOU for sharing your crafty inspiration today!!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  26. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love the tag.

    craftymom205 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  28. Incredible! Lovely colors and collage looking with a great use of doily and ribbons! Awesome job Suzz!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Absolutely gorgeous Sue - love the hot pink!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Really cute tag---very cleverly done.

    ReplyDelete
  31. What a beautiful tag. Love all the techniques you used. Small canvas but big art

    ReplyDelete
  32. You've created some wonderful textures & I had never thought of using a tag upside down before - great idea

    ReplyDelete
  33. Gorgeous tag! Love all the texture and embellishments you used!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!