Friday, January 9, 2009

Kristina's Color Challenge # 37

Kristina's Challenge http://kwernerdesign.com/blog/2009/01/color-inspiration-37.html is from these pencils....

What wonderful colors... I decided to pull out some die cuts and layer different shapes. I started with circle card. This actually is 2 circles and I folded the back circle a little and attached it to the front to make a card. (A tip picked up from Lisa S) I then used several other shapes. The butterfly is stamped using pigment ink on vellum. The butterfly is embossed using Ranger Distress Embossing powder (Vintage Photo). I love it as it leaves a beautiful texture which actually emulates the texture on a butterflies wings.


Products:
  • Floradoodles - Flowers (I love how realistic the texture is on these flowers.)
  • Spellbinders - Scalloped Circles, Labels
  • Bazzil Ribbon - (This was a deal 1.99 at Archivers for 15 yards)
  • Inkadinkado - Butterfly Stamp
  • Ranger Distress Embossing Powder - Vintage Photo
  • Versamark Watermark Ink
  • Prismacolor Color Pencils
  • Gems - K&CO
  • Making Memories - Letter Stickers

Thanks for stopping by...

Suzz

11 comments:

  1. Gorgeous - my favourite so far for this week's colour inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW is very cool!!! Bye!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this color combo but haven't had a chance to try it yet myself. You did a terrific job incorporating every one of the colors. And how neat to layer lots of different shapes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this, Sue! Great use of the colors and a perfect layer card! Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card, Sue!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How very pretty! I really like how you used the colors, the shapes and that butterfly too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!