Saturday, January 17, 2009

Just for fun....

I shared a few of my cards with a good friend to use as samples in classes she teaches. Unfortunately she asked me how did you do create one of the cards I shared with her... So of course I had to try the technique again because I couldn't remember. Here is my new card...


Recipe: (This way I will have it documented for future reference.)

  1. Cuttlebug emboss white cardstock.
  2. Sponge embossing using olive green dye ink. Sponge over the entire card lightly with brown dye ink. Spritz with water. Dab up excess. (Lay something on top while drying to prevent curling of the paper.
  3. Punch circle (3") from white cardstock. Ink stamp with green and brown ink. Stamp tree on circle.
  4. Sponge top half of the circle with blue dye ink. Sponge bottom half of circle with olive green ink lightly. Lightly sponge brown dye ink all around the edges of the circle.
  5. Shade in outline flowers with orange color pencil. Add light green gems on flowers randomly.
  6. Attach orange prima flowers randomly on Cuttlebug Embossed image. Add light green gems to center of flowers.
  7. Mount and layer all pieces. Attach leafy vine before layering all pieces. (I decided to add mine at the end.)

Products:

  • Marvy Uchida 3" circle punch
  • Hero Arts Slanted Tree
  • Cuttlebug Embossing Folder
  • Prima Flowers
  • Hero Arts Green Gems
  • Ribbon - Unknown
  • Ranger Distress Inks - Shabby Shutter, Broken China, Vintage Photo
  • Memento - Rich Cocoa Dye Ink

Thanks for stopping by..

Suzz

5 comments:

  1. Soooooo pretty! Love what you did! Genius!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful, love it! You are so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, now here is where I really wanted to see the card enlarged so I could look at the small stamped area and those flowers. It makes no difference, of course, because the card is perfectly lovely anyway. LOLOLOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just loving this combo of the small and large pattern together! You were inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very, very pretty. Thanks for sharing your instructions!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!