Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year and I hope it brings you and your loved ones a blessed year!

Yesterday I worked on Kristina's Color Challenge... http://kwernerdesign.com/blog/2008/12/color-inspiration-36.html

Here are the colors:

I loved this color combination. I immediately die cut some hearts in red and green thinking I would emboss them. I ended up using the cut out as a mask instead. Here is my main heart.


I stamped the pretty floral/flourish stamp on white cardstock and embossed using light pink embossign powder. I then took the cardstock where I had cut out the hearts and used that as a mask and sponged on the red ink to make my hearts.

I purchased these charms with sentiments. I thought this was an appropriate sentiment.
Products:
  • Paper Inspirations - Floral Flourish
  • Creative Beginnings - Pastel Pink Embossing Powder
  • Martha Stewart - Doily Lace Border Punch
  • EK Success - Red Adornments
  • Sizzix Heart Die Cuts
  • Ranger Distress Inks - Fire Brick
  • Plaid Enterprised - Fresh Metal Charms - Love

Thanks for stopping by...

Suzz

10 comments:

  1. LOVE this card! Valentine's Day and hearts and flowers are me all over! Thanks for getting my creative juices flowing. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Card ...I might try this one if I get time today!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. very effective what you have done with the masking and embossing, it's given me ideas :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your card and I have so tried not to buy anything else. I may have to break that promise because of this really cute card. Love the fiber too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. and I forgot to say..........wishing you and yours a very Happy, Healthy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so beautiful, love it! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so pretty. I like the embossing and how you masked to create your hearts.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your card! Great technique with the embossing and the sponged hearts.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!