Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Pocket Cards

The Hero Arts Challenge http://heroarts.com/blogs/club/2009/01/12/motivating-you-with-pockets/ is pockets. I wanted to make a clear pocket.... I had cut out these cute little hearts for the Kwerner color challenge last week and they were not used so I decided to pull them out.

The area with the pink background is the pocket. I put cranberry alcohol ink on the acetate to make a pocket that adds some color and texture but allows you to see the cute heart link inside.

The interesting part was after I made the three little hearts I linked them together using craft metal and I cut up a flat magnet and attached it to the back. So after I give the card they can pull out the linked hearts and hang it up on the refrigerator!


Recipe bits and pieces:

Hearts:

  • Cut out using my sizzix die cuts.
  • Stamped letters using versamark and heat embossed with light pink embossing powder.
  • Letters are Making Memories Stickers. Stick on cardstock, sponge with red ink and cut out and pop dot.
  • Using hole punch punch holes in top and bottom of each heart.
  • Take craft wire and cut two 1" pieces. Using a rounded needled nose pliers bend around the end to get S hook.
  • Hook the pieces together and tie ribbons on top and bottom. (I would swap top ribbon to a sturdy ribbon. Mine flops when I put it on the refrigerator)

Pocket:

  • Acetate cut out and inked with red alcohol ink and blending solution.
  • Attach pocket and use lace trim to cover adhesive.

Products:

  • Hero Arts - Sandras Letter Background
  • Hero Arts - DesignBlock - Wavy Leaf Design
  • Versamark Watermark Ink
  • Light Pink Embossing Powder
  • Acetate
  • Ranger Alcohol Ink - Cranberry and Blending Solution
  • EK Success Adornments
  • Red Craft Wire (Unknown)
  • Sizzix Hearts Die Cut
  • Magnet - (This was given out at a parade as advertisement. It worked great.. Thin, lightweight and easy to cut and glue dot onto the cardstock)

That's it... I hope you enjoyed it. Now I will put this away for valentine's day...

Suzz

3 comments:

  1. Hey you, I received the most beautiful surprise in the mail today. The card is extraordinarily beautiful and the gift is wonderful for many reasons. You really did not have to do it.....but I am so glad you did!!!!(Smiling from ear to ear here). Hope to get it posted soon! One of the prettiest I have ever received too~!

    As for this lovely card!!!How creative can you get! Not only are those heart lovely, but I love the laced and DP too~! I know it's a keeper, just like the one above.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your pocket card, Suzz! It's amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun idea to have a clear pocket so you can show off that fun magnet.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!