Friday, January 2, 2009

Art Creations Friday Challenge # 7

Art Creations Friday Challenge http://artcreationsfriday.blogspot.com/2009/01/7th-challenge.html is to use this beautiful background:


There is a range of beautiful colors in this background. I decided to use the corner which contained the beautiful rust colors.
The background was so lovely I only stamped the branches with orange and brown and the butterfly, sentiments with black and embossed the flourish using the Ranger Vintage photo embossing powder which not only gives it color it also has texture.

Products:
  • Ranger Distress Inks - Spiced Marmalade, Vintage Photo
  • Versafine Black Onyx
  • Versamark Watermark Ink
  • Ranger Distress Embossing Powder - Vintage Photo
  • Lace - Unknown
  • Inkadinkado - Flourishes
  • Stampabilities - Matthew 7:7 02
  • Paper Inspirations - Leafy Stem
  • Stampabilities - DragonFly 02
  • Ranger Stickles

A side note...

I started with a 6 3/4" x 4 3/4" piece and had a vintage photo to the right.

I didn't like how the image looked after I finished everything else so it was chopped off. That left a little of the sentiment still stamped on the image I had left.

So what you see with the sentiment now is a cover up of the remnant of the sentiment from my original design.

I am really pleased with what I ended up with but wanted to share because I find myself designing to fix my mistakes in some cases.

Does that ever happen to you?

Suzz

17 comments:

  1. Hi Suzz...Yep fraid it happens to most of us...
    Your card is Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love what you've done!! great card!! I've send you a mail about the link.
    gr femmy

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're absolutely right, this background almost stands alone, but you've enhanced it beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's beautiful Sue - nice idea to use just part of the background. Love the dragonflies and I especially love your beautiful Bible verse!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous, love the dragonflies.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a beautiful piece with the dragonflies and the verse. Everything coordinates so well, Suzz.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is absolutely breathtaking! You have a wonderful blog too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is stunning, Sue! Love how you use the background!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the art you have created with this beautiful background...excellent!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. great work with the background... love dragon flies

    ReplyDelete
  11. A really beautiful card for a really beautiful verse. I love the corner you chose for your background and the dragonflies are just perfect and so is the choice of Stickles too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is lovely. Great collage stamping.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just FABULOUS Sue. The glittered dragonflies are an inspired addition!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your card is lovely! Great use of the beautiful background!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the butterflies - beautifully stamped

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!