Wednesday, July 18, 2012

All about Favorites - Artistic Outpost Blog Hop

This month the Artistic Outpost Hop is to share your favorite set.  My project started from Artistic Outpost sets that represent books. I spent so many hours as a child reading and re-reading books from the library. I could always be found with a book in hand.  This project reflects my love of books and I was thrilled to find so many of the images from the Artistic Outpost sets from children's books.

I made a reading log binder: 



I took two chipboard covers and painted them white.  I then used the  alphabet stamp and stamped it over the surface using Juniper Adirondack ink. Distress the edges using the brown dye ink.

Punch various size circles from  scrap cardstock. Use the circles to sponge blue circles using acrylic paint over the surface. Add a touch of white acrylic paint to the circles before they are dry to merge the color into the circle.

I stamped the various images on white cardstock and colored them and cut them out with detail scissors.

Here is a list of all the stamps used: Neverland, Oz Collage, Huck Finn, Secretary Pool, Wonderland, Favorite Book.


The rest of the Design Team are sharing their favorite sets. Hop along and see what they picked:

Thanks for stopping by!

Suzz



10 comments:

  1. You know I just love popping in here to see your wonderful creations. This is fabulous. So creative and such a wonderful design. Well done!!

    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cool is this?!? I love it! It's like a map to leads to literary and treasure! Ultra cool design...just brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, wonderful. I'm also a huge reader, and these images capture that childhood joy so perfectly. I just love what you've done with the circles and alphabet background.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a creative piece! Bravo Sue. Best, Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fabulous way to showcase so many of the AO images, so so creative and in my favourite colours too. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your projects are always so inspirational Sue! This is just wonderful. I love the alphabet so subtly stamped in the background and all the different cut out images. It's a joy to look at!

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so very cool, what a great piece!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the reading log, fabulous way to showcase the AO images!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an amazing project. Love it ... esp. the Huck Finn Set. Tom Sawyer and Huckleberry Finn are long time favorites and I only read it in English recently.
    Fabulous work!
    Best, Suzanne

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!