Sunday, July 15, 2012

Branches & Glimmer Mists

I just received this Crafters Workshop Stencil and had to play with it!  I inked up for two challenges: Fashionable Stamping Challenge #26 - Let's Get Messy & Inky and the Moxie Fab World Happy Birthday Stamp it Card week challenge.

My first project I turned into a wall hanging:


Don't you love those hinges?  I bought them at a home recycling store for a cheap price. this started as a card but I wanted to add a little something different. So those hinges came out to create a wall hanging. Of course my dear hubby was wondering why I needed dead branches. :)  I used the Hero Arts Wood Grain stamp in the background and the birds from Artistic Outpost Neverland and the sentiment from Artistic Outpost - Lovely Day.

My second card uses the same stencil different glimmer mists and a tiny pop of black with the bird and sentiment:


The bird and sentiment are from Memory Box.  The backgrounds are all Tattered Angels Glimmer mists.

Just playing around on a hot and steamy Sunday!  My first post for SSSS is tonight and I can't wait to share what I have created!

Suzz

20 comments:

  1. Your work is amazing Suzanne and this is another adorable creation.

    BTW congrats on your new DT position with SSSS, well deserved.

    Thank you for sharing with us at Fashionable Stampin g Challenges.

    Hugs Shirley x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi
    The stencil works beautifully in conjunction with those stamps and I love the use of branches.
    Thank you for sharing with us at FSC.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous cards Suzanne, the backgrounds are just lovely, so subtle and soft. Love them!

    Thank you for joining the inky challenge at FSC! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful projects Suzanne! Love the misted backgrounds you've created!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your wall hanging looks fantastic, love the background and the stamping. Als your card is beautiful. Thanks for joining us at FSC this fortnight.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful creations Sue! Congrats on your new DT position. So well deserved! Thanks for your continued support at FSC!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely work Suzz, the colours are gorgeous. Thanks for joining us at FSC. Sue C x

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are gorgeous. Super colours, and so elegant - the blackbird is genius. Good luck with your first SSSS, but going by these, you'll storm it!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  9. STUNNING! I think I must have that stencil!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful wall hanging and card - lovin' that stencil, and colors you used!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are both fabulous Sue but I have to love the hanging best. The colours are so perfect for my taste and I love the quote. The hinges and branches to create a unique method of hanging your art is a brilliant idea.

    The colours on the card are lovely and zingy.

    I'm going to work backwards now to catch up on all the gorgeous artwork I know I must have been missing recently.

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Both creations are so different. Love the pop of black on the 2nd one and the wall hanging- WOW!!! What a gorgeous piece of artwork to display.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful work ... the use of the twigs is genius!

    ReplyDelete
  14. gorgeous Sue. such lovely delicate colours. twigs always look so good don't they?? must get that birdie!

    ReplyDelete
  15. saw the thumbnail at FS and had to come for a better look. These are gorgeous, amazing. XOXO Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  16. These look amazing. Love how you used the twig..

    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  17. A stunning wall hanging and such gorgeous colours. Love the use of the hinges and twig, great idea.
    Thanks for joining us at FSC this time.
    Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. So pretty; I love the hinges, the rope and the branches...

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hey Suzanne! Thanks for linking this up to the Birthday Card Challenge for Stamp It! Cards Week in the Moxie Fab World. I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. A fabulous creation. Thanks for getting messy and inky with FSC.
    Fliss x
    Congratulations on your new DT post too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!