Friday, July 27, 2012

Hexagons

I love the unique look and feel of the Hexagons but have a hard time using them in my projects.  The Moxie Fab World Challenge hooked on hexagon got me thinking how to incorporate them. 

I decided to try to use them on a mixed media background.  That background became the base for two different projects.

First I created a tag:  

than I cut my other pieces into little backgrounds and created three mini cards:

and I ruined one section with too much stamping. :)  That one piece was recycled.

 To create the background:
  1.  Smear yellow paint across the cardstock.  I dipped my paint brush handle into my paint and rolled it across the surface.  Let dry. 
  2. Smear teal paint across the surface. Let dry. 
  3. Add white paint in spots.  I also used the old bubble wrap and white paint in areas. 
  4. I stamped randomly the Hero Arts Chevron stamp in darker blue randomly across the background. 
  5. The hexagons were created by using the hexagon dies to trace the shapes on with watercolor pencil.  I then used a waterbrush to soften the effect around the inside of the shapes. 
The tag included Stampers Anonymous Attic Treasures, Stampers Anonymous (letters), Artistic Outpost Typography, 
and my favorite pussy willow stamp.
The mini cards use robots from Hero Arts. 

My daughter loves robots and I think they are super cute. She already saw the unfinished cards and said very cute!

Have a wonderful weekend!

Suzz

15 comments:

  1. LOVE that tag Suzz...gorgeous colours and textures going on!! Trish x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this with the pussy willow - who makes it? The yellow and blue/aqua are wonderful together - love this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your tag is just beautiful. And your three little cards are so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. that tag's a stunner Sue - love the contrast of the black butterflies against the delicately coloured background. Cute mini cards too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. your background is just amazing Suzz. And has made a fabulous tag and cute little card set. you are so clever with your mixed media backgrounds.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous color combination. Love the softness you created in the background. It works great against the stronger black stamping.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the fresh colours you used on your background Sue and the tag is stunning. I can certainly see why those cute robots appeal to your Daughter. They made me smile!

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. SO eye-catching and gorgeous, Suzanne! I love the stamping and elements that you have for this card! Hope summer is going well for you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh goodness! This is very unique! I love how you incorporated your hexagons... and the colors? SO lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well I can say this tag makes me happy.. Such a pretty tag..

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey Suzanne! Thanks for linking this up to the Hooked on Hexagons Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. You do mixed media like no one else! Such gorgeous backgrounds!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!