Thursday, July 12, 2012

Stampendous & EnviroTex Blog Hop - Bird in a Frame


The Stampendous DT is playing with EnviroTex Craft Resin this week. Carmi over at the Resin Crafts Blog is also playing along with us and her projects are fantastic. 

I tried a few different projects just learning how to use the resin.  I decided to start small and create a pendant for my first project:

 I stamped the background using the sweet Charm Collection Clear Set  and added touch of blue dye inks on the background and the bird.  I added the bronze glass glitter into the bezel and added the resin.I was really pleased with this and will use it on a project in the future.

My next project I decided to try to create a paper weight using a jar top I had in my stash:
 I thought it would be fun to create some acetate stamped images to float in the resin:

 I used the Stampendous Butterfliesand stamped them using StazOn black ink on acetate.  They were cut out using detail scissors.  I covered all the metal surfaces using Versamark and Shabby White Embossing Enamel. I poured the resin and added a layer of gold glitter and my butterflies.  I added a few different metallic charms to the resin.  Then I thought I would add a touch of color and I added drops of purple glimmer mist. I then swirled around the glimmer mist and it made little purple bubbles and I loved the effect.

On Saturday I will share my next two projects with a few more lessons learned. :) 

Now off to see the DT projects for today:



Important details about the prizes... . Carmi has 3 prize packages that can be won by our fans in Canada where she lives. She will draw three Canadian winners from the comments on her blog all week. We have 3 prize packages for our friends with US mailing addresses.
  • We'll draw one winner from the weekly comments on our blog.
  • We'll draw one winner from the comments on Saturday's Big Blog Hop
  • We'll draw one winner from Facebook - You need to SHARE one or more of our posts about this project on your Timeline **
Each prize package includes a Jewelry pack of Resin, a bottle cap, bezel and button to try, and the Stampendous Charm Collection Perfectly Clear Stamps - perfect jewelry sized stamps.

Thanks for stopping by! 

Suzz










25 comments:

  1. WOW...all I can say is...beautiful.
    Dot x

    ReplyDelete
  2. what incredible creations Suzz. You are so multi-talented. The resin has made wonderful items

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you picked an ordinary item to upcycle with the lid. Just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing. I am looking forward to your next posts to see your lessons learned!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are both AWESOME! LOVE the paper weight! Colors are gorgeous and i love the embedded flowers! I have to try that next!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! These are both gorgeous! I love your little bird, so sweet! The butterflies are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful pendant and that paperweight is so clever! What a great way to upcycle and a fun project to do with kids!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely projects, thanks for the inspiration!

    Carol B
    ciaoitalia2007(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  9. both are beautiful but I love your pennant with the cracked glass around it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic projects and love the idea of using the jar top!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very cute bird pendant and lovely paperweight.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Why do I have this vision of you bending over the jar ring, mumbling under your breath like an evil witch while you carefully place each piece and drop color, etc? Such a cool idea! And that pendant is so gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Suzanne, you constantly amaze me! Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! I'll need to get me some of that resin. Blessimgs!

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are lovely ... I love that charm .. so unique and your Butterflies in the resin is genius ... gorgeous work ... always so inspiring

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a great idea!!! I love the paper weight!!! Beautiful Suzanne.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a super cool effect! Love them! They're stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous! I love that little bird!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Suzanne, both of these are amazing! I so love the bird charm with the glass glitter. Your paper weight is really cool too. The colors in it are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  20. gorgeous, projects, love the bird with the glitter!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Such amazing projects. LOVE what you did with the resin.

    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wonderful way to recycle using the resin! Fab projects!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh my, you do come up with some lovely ideas Sue. These are both so pretty but I do love the pendant especially. The glitter glass looks fabulous.

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Great idea for jar rings! Cool effect.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Great projects, Don't you just Love working with resin!
    hugs Lynn

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!