Saturday, July 21, 2012

Sail On!

 Exploring or sailing somewhere new and seeing new things and places... We are getting very excited for our cruise that is coming up.  This card was inspired by the cruise. Of course our ship won't be wind powered. :)

The background is all piece of an alcohol inked background done with a few shades of blue and blending solution.

I added highlights of white onto the ship and compass to make them pop. These images are from  brand new sets from Our Daily Bread Designs called: Surging Sea and Smooth Sailing.

I hope our trip is more of the smooth sailing and not so much of the surging sea. :)

Have a lovely Saturday!

Suzz

9 comments:

  1. Really beautiful, lovely image and gorgeous colours
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a wonderful card. LOVE the image. A cruise how fun. The hubby and I love to go cruising. We are going on one in Oct. I cant wait.

    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful layers, Suzz - gorgeous blues!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful masculine monochromatic card - love the alcohol ink background!

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a wonderful card Suzz. A real piece of art.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful card, I love the aqua on black and great design.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow, I love that AI background for this stamp, terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous card Sue and just perfect for a man. I like the three different ribbon widths. Lovely touch!

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!