Monday, July 9, 2012

Happy Birthday

I was back in my scrap pile again.  I found a background resist piece created awhile ago.  I decided to finish it off in completely different colors and create a card for the Moxie Fab World - Stamp It Challenge - Birthdays. 

The original resist was stamped in lavender and clear embossed.  I decided to go to the rusts, browns and yellows. 

The background is a definitions stamp from Hero Arts.  I stamped over that with the beautiful Hero Arts Classic Fabric Design using versamark.  I head embossed with clear embossing powder.  I then sponged over the surface with Rusty Hinge and sponged the edges with Walnut stain.

I then took a piece of tissue paper and spritzed it with yellow and orange glimmer mist.  Sponged the edges with the brown dye ink.  I repeated the process to create the background for my butterflies and sentiment.
The butterflies are from the Stampers Anonymous Attic Treasures set. The sentiment is Inkadinkado.

My favorite part was adding the twine and stringing the butterflies into the twine.
I


Hope your Monday is off to a wonderful start!

Suzz

17 comments:

  1. Stunning as always and in my favourite colours. I must get that background stamp it's very striking and particularly striking here. Love the butterflies and the sentiment laid on its side. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Susanne! I love the Classic fabric background!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love this Suzz. Wonderful combination of different elements and colours and stamping techniques.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is stunning Suzz, love your background!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how you have strung the butterflies from the twine as well and love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning card Suzanne! I have just bought myself a lovely rosy background stamp and this has just given me an idea how to use it lol ;)> Beautiful inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  7. More neutral gorgeousness! LOVE this stunning card, Suzz!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful! Love the look of the tissue paper.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm going to have to give this a try, I love your results!

    ReplyDelete
  10. lovely colours. really love the combination

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just browsed through your blog and want you to know, how I love what you do!

    Greetings from Vienna,

    die amelie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Terrific stamping ... What a beautiful result

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this card and how you did the butterflies.
    Every time I stop by its a feast for the eyes. You are so talented!!!
    hugs Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful BD card - love the resist with the Damask!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful BD card - love the resist with the Damask!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I always love the way you use fine threads and twine on lots of your work Sue and this is gorgeous. The background resist is amazing and the colours are lush.

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hey Suzanne! Thanks for linking this up to the Birthday Card Challenge for Stamp It! Cards Week in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!