Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Happy B-Day!

Time for a Mojo Monday Sketch!  Sketch #251.  I had this pack of Authentique papers in my stash in hues of yellows and grays.  I decided to pull them out and use them as my background for my project:

I tried to use up some of the strong patterns that are not necessarily me... But when I ended up with my finished card I felt like the whole card wasn't me. LOL!

The flowers are from a Hero Arts Clear set.  The sentiment is Memory Box.  (My girls are always looking for birthday cards).

I love the bee.  I bought some jewelry from Claires and they had the cutest bees on the jewelry. He works perfectly with the yellow gingham.  The flourish is from Zva Creative. 

Have a fabulous Tuesday!

Suzz

9 comments:

  1. Love this, Suzz. And, I forgot about Claires. Think I'm going to have to buzz over there tonight. (sorry, but I had to say that...)

    Ta-ta-

    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh someone else who visits Claire's for jewellery and uses it on cards lol, I purchased some London pieces the other day. I love the bee on your card and those black flowers are so striking Suzz and lovely layout too. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it all works very well together! Really love the bee! Never thought of Claires for that. . . used to suffer it with my daughter when she was small though!
    Juliax

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolute gorgeousness (I don't think that is a real word), but your card is more than gorgeous! :))

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is gorgeous! Love your papers with that beautiful stamp. Great bee embellishment.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It may not be the norm for you Sue but it's still a beautiful card. I'm not good with strong paper designs but you've certainly showed us how to use them. Yup, I have loads of embellishments from another cheap highstreet store we have over here called Primark (do you have them?). Love having a rummage to see what useful bits I can find, lol!

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the greys and yellow together Suzz. Such a wonderful card. The bold PP together like that is great.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a lovely card. Those paper look great together..

    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!