Saturday, July 14, 2012

Stampendous & EnviroTex Blog Hop - Plate it Up

I've enjoyed playing with the resin this week!  Carmi Cimiata of the Resin Crafts Blog is very inspiring and has taught me so many ways to use the Resin.all stored away for future projects. :)  I am so appreciative of her and the folks at ETI who sent us all some resin to play with! (Thank you Carmi!)

My project is a 1.99 Plastic Charger Plate from Hobby Lobby: 

It started looking like this: 



I measured the diameter of the inside and cut a circle to fit in the opening. 
I stamped the Jumbo Cling Iris using black ink and colored with glimmer mist on white cardstock.   I added some shading using watercolor pencils.  I then glued the cardstock to the center of the plate.  I applied glue around the edges and sprinkled Bronze Glass Glitter and sprinkled in the center. (Lesson Learned I needed to glue the top and the bottom to get an even coat.  That would have prevented the resin from seeping under my cardstock)

I added in the resin to the center and let it cure.    After it was finished I decided I wanted to add a touch of gold to the project: (I had no problem with mixing my resin and having it cure.) I followed the instructions and was in air conditioning so no humidity issues)


I used versamark to add Aged Gold Embossing Enamel around the edges and stamped the flourish around the edges and heat embossed using the Aged Gold Embossing Enamel.  My biggest compliment was when my son came into the craft room and was looking around for it as he liked it! :)

I created a second plate using my Stampendous stamps and StazOn inks:
This plate was glass and I used StazOn to stamp the flourishes around the edge.  I also stamped them on the inside using a lighter ink.  The bird was stamped and colored on cardstock. I cut it out and glued it to the plate before pouring my resin in over the glitter and image. 

Stamps: Cling Jumbo Songbird, Charm Collection

As you visit each blog, you'll be entered in our drawing for a great prize package when you leave a comment! If you don't tell us you were there by commenting, we can't include you in the drawing! We'll pick a winner from today's comments separate from the comments throughout the week.

Thanks for stopping by!

Suzz




31 comments:

  1. Suzz, your plates are fabulous!...nothing like mine. Oh how I love your coloring on your irises! It is truly incredible. How ever did you stamp those tiny flourishes so cleanly? You must have a really steady hand. Bravo, my friend! Fantastic projects.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice. Would make some fun holiday items like this

    ReplyDelete
  3. sometimes I see projects and i'm just like...uh wow...how did someone think of this?? This is one of those..just wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved how your plates came out! What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a good idea! I love the stamping around the edges.

    ReplyDelete
  6. you are featuring 2 of my 3 fav flowers! love them and thank you for the blog hop.
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/designsbysusan

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty Suzanne! You always do such beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What amazing transformations ... who would have thought that these beautiful pieces of art were just ordinary plates? Love the iris and that little bird is so lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are just gorgeous projects. Amazing to think something so fabulous can come from such inexpensive beginnings! Love everything you make!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great idea. For birthdays, Christmas, Easter, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those flourishes that are stamped along the edges look amazing. It would have taken me an entire set of dishes to get that right.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome job, especially on the first plate, great stamping!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm blown away by your projects! They look amazing and certainly not like a $1.99 charger! Amazing transformation!

    ReplyDelete
  14. OMW, I'm totally speechless Suzz! The plates look amazing and I am in total awe of the gold accents on the black one. Stunning work!

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are awesome plates! Thrift store would be a great place to pick up so super cheap :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous projects and another fun blog hop! Thanks for the inspiration!

    Carol B
    ciaoitalia2007(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  17. These are fabulous! Love carmi for all her ideas and help!

    ReplyDelete
  18. WOW! What a wonderful idea. So creative my friend.

    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  19. What delightful plates Suzz. So talented. I just bought some resin so must check out the site for some tips.

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is an amazing project, Suzanne. What a clever project and did it ever turn out beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wonderful transformation of both plates! Fab use of the resing, very inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a fantastic idea Sue. These are both wonderful. I love the way the blue of the iris pops against the black plate. I'm surprised the plate didn't melt whilst you were heat embossing but I'm glad it didn't as the effect is great. The delicate stamped edging on the second plate is lovely and the little bird is so pretty.

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love the charm collection It was bueatiful

    ReplyDelete
  24. Definitely something new and different and fun to stamp on!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!