Sunday, July 22, 2012

Sisters

The Simon Says Stamp and Show challenge this week is Hey Girl.  I couldn't think of anything frillier, softer and girly than the sweet sisters from the Artistic Outpost Bird of a Feather plate.


I remember dressing up with coordinating outfits with my sisters growing up.  Of course we never wore anything this frilly ours would have been more of the 70's style of clothing. (Yikes!) I started with the sweet girls and created a shabby chic card.



I used a soft damask stamp and stamped it in a soft shade of gray to create my background behind my girls and on my card base.  I .layered tissue paper and white glue over half of the background.  The edges of the main panel is distressed using a distressing tool. 

 The sisters are stamped in black and colored with a hint of coloring pencils. I cut them out and popped them up to allow them to stand out. The bird cage is stamped on acetate using StazOn ink and cut out.  I popped up  the cage to give it depth.  The girls are framed using a new oval floral spellbinders frame and a row of pearls.  

The flower trim was a last minute addition to bring more of the lavender tones back into the card. I died the cream organza roses with glimmer mist. 



There is a $50.00 gift certificate at Simon Says Stamp  as a prize for one randomly selected participant in the challenge.


Have a Wonderful Monday! 

Suzz

17 comments:

  1. Suzz...your card is so pretty. You always do such nice work; so well balanced, great use of color and wonderful attention to detail. I love your die cut oval and all of the elements you've used to create such a lovely card. <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  2. so beautiful Suzz. Love the vintage-y look you achieved here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. just beautiful Sue. very delicate with the odd splash of colour. (love the purple) do like the way you've made the girls look like they're studying the bird in its cage. ... and what's wrong with 70s clothing? lolol

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just gorgeous Suzz, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it's the way you place things and put everything together and your attention to detail. You are the queen of backgrounds and the Hero Arts Stwmp is stunning used here. Love the sisters and the trim is stunning as is the Spellbinders die. Few have gone on my wish list. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  6. How lovely, Sue, the perfect card for the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful card. You picked the perfect image for this challenge.

    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  8. This card is so gorgeous. Love the sentiment and the colour combo, all the textures and pearls.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous! Love all the texture!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So beautiful. . . . love all the details and the sheer vintage 'girlie' look. You have been very clever here and I would love to be able to achieve this look.
    Juliax

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card Suzanne! You did an amazing job fussy cutting that sweet Vintage image and that purple trim is to die for!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful & girly creation!! I love the touches of pearls within the ribbon, so lovely!

    *mwah*
    Steph
    Simon Says Stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ah, how lovely this is Sue. Love the distressed damask background in the pretty grey and the die cut oval is perfect.

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. A fabulous card ! love the colours ,the trim and the gorgeous background

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a super shabby chic card. The grays and mauves are so subtly handled, and your sisters are a delight!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!