Thursday, July 5, 2012

Art

I promised to share the second set of tags created using Tim's July Tag technique. These tags were my second attempt and I think they turned out  better than yesterday's tag.



The colors I mixed for alcohol inks this time were Ranger Alcohol Inks - Raspberry and Sunshine. Doesn't that make you think of summer time? 

I used the same method of spritzing my glossy cardstock with a layer of water first.  Then I dripped on a big drip of alcohol ink on the paper and blew on it with the straw.  These were on one sheet of cardstock and in two different areas.

I added alcohol blending solution again at the end to dilute the colors and to help spread them across the surface.

The sentiments which were perfect for the tags are new ones from Stampendous and are a sneak peek. They will be available in July in the Stampendous store.  The butterflies are Stampendous too and are in a set and are available here.

The ribbon was died with glimmer mist to coordinate.

Thanks for stopping by!

Suzz

22 comments:

  1. This is fabulous Suzz, love that splatter of colours, so summery. The butterflies are a fabulous addition. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like such a fun technique, Suzz! Love the way your tags turned out - so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Spectacular, and summer for sure!! You are amazing, Sue!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so in love with this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh yummy yummy yummy. what a lovely cheerful splash of colour Suzz. I am going to have to give this a go.

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow, fabulous tag, love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous colors and I love how that looks like first card it is flowers coming from the side-love the colors on it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful - the colors are vibrant!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning does not even do these justice Suzz. Love those two colours together. And your technique is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely gorgeous!! You are going to make me actually like this technique, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those colors are amazing! It's so fresh! Love it! Gonna try it your way first for the July tag.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the colours and the butterflies! Definitely caught my eye in the gallery.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh WOW this tag using alcohol ink splatters inspires me like no other. I found this to be a very challenging technique to embrace. You made it look fab!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the colors on your tag and the butterfly is great!

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOVE it...the splash of colour is just fab...

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is fantastic. So vibrant - just love it !!! Thanks for the inspiration! Regards Meighan

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the colours and the words. A Beautiful tag.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Whooeeeee! These are stunning Sue. Such vibrant colours and I love the quote on the first one. Breath taking both of them imo!

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Stunning tags. Just love the colours & the butterflies but the sentiment is fab. Beautiful. Sx

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love this bright tag, beautiful colors!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!