Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Mojo Monday Chick & Moxie Fab Valentine

Happy Wednesday!  I am having a crafty friend over today which means fun inky time.... I have two cards and two challenges in one post. :) 

This morning I finished my Mojo Monday card to share.  A super cute chick from Verve stamps.


I  used the Mojo Monday Sketch #227 and some lovely October Afternoon papers to create my background.  I stamped the chick and basket a few times to create layers on the ribbon and the chick.

Quick and easy card. It will go in my stash for one of my DD for Easter.

Here is the sketch:

My second share today is my DH valentine's card. I was inspired by the Moxie Fab World Cool Tools Challenge for around the house.

I created a card using sandpaper, wood veneer, and my inks. 

I started with the strip of unfinished wood veneer in light brown.  I applied layers of white acrylic paint, weathered wood dye ink smeared using sandpaper across the finish.  I repeated the process on the cardstock.  I sandpapered the surface of the cardstock and sponged on layers of the inks and paints. I typed up the sentiment on the computer an printed it out.  I sponged the edges to blend in.  I then dye cut the hearts from sandpaper pieces and flipped them back and forth to show the alternate sides.

A CAS card. My kids are so trained with my cards that when I asked my son what did he think he said it needs something more in the empty areas. LOL!  He knows my style well.  I decided since it was for my DH I would keep it CAS.

Thanks for stopping by!

Suzz

14 comments:

  1. I'm so glad I dropped by this morning...such excellent inspiration! I love how you used the sketch for that adorable "peeps" card, loving the layered paper banners, and of course your coloring of the chick gives it such cute-ness. And the second card is so full of creative goodness, it's beautiful and cool at the same time, I love the CAS style!
    have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww your chic card is as sweet as can be, and love the papers too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tons of mojo in that cute card! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous cards. I just love what you did with the mojo sketch... so adorable! Thanks for playing Mojo Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute little chick and great man Valentine!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love, love, love the Valentine card!! I am a big fan of CAS... Very "cool"!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both of these cards are wonderful Suzanne! Love that darling little chick and the distressed card is gorgeous! What a fun sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  8. They both look wonderful. The image in your first card is so sweet. That chick makes me smile. And the background on the second card look great. So clever using sandpaper..

    Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  9. your little chick card is soooo cute Suzz and I love your wood project. Just shows your versatility.

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG ... I love the chick card ... just so pretty and sweet ... but the other card just blows me away!! I absolutely adore it!!! I'd love to stroll around your creative imagination ... Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You've done it again Sue ......... given us a great idea for something completely different. I would never in a million years have thought of using the wood veneer. DIY store here I come, lol!

    Love that cute little chick card. I'm not often into cute but couldn't stop myself from saying 'Ahhh!'. It's just so sweet.

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, your masculine valentine for DH is over the top gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card! Great job! Olena

    ReplyDelete
  14. The duck is gorgeous, so cute and I love the wood card, so clever!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!