Monday, February 20, 2012

New York, New York

Simon Says Stamp and Show this week is London, Paris or New York.  I have been working on some lovely new stamps from Artistic Outpost (being released on Wednesday!) featuring London elements, so I decided to switch up and create something featuring New York. 

We took a road trip a couple of summers ago to New York and I really enjoyed it. We stopped at various points along the way and were able to visit quite a bit of different places.  I enjoyed New York although a little too busy for me. :)

The project started with a page from a world Atlas featuring New York. after that I stamped images from the Artistic Outpost She-Roes plate with an addition of the New York Skyline from the Stampers Anonymous Artistic Journey.

The background is embossed with a Cuttlebug embossing folder and distressed with a touch of vintage photo dye ink.

Have a wonderful Monday!

Suzz

11 comments:

  1. Wonderful mix of images and elements, Suzz! So patriotic - love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cool card.. I love all the different layers here..

    Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab collage of images! The NY Skyline looks wonderful stamped on the AO She-roes Flag!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job, Suzz! Love what you did with the AO stamps. Bravo! Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Suzz...this is a beautiful tribute to New York. What a great town! I visited there two years ago for the first time and loved it! Your piece is wonderful! I love the map in the background. I love your stamped images and how you've colorized them! Beautiful piece with such a great design! Thanks for sharing it with us at Simon Says Stamp and Show. <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! Love the way you've highlighted Ny on the map and all those glorious stars.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your embossed background, perfect for your New York creation and the world map is the perfect touch combined with the skyline. Fabulous. Thanks so much for joining in the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the patriotic feel of this! We're actually planning to go to New York but haven't yet. I wish I had some New York themed items so I could give it a try too. Great inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  9. somehow I missed this fabulous and glorious collage...I love it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!