Friday, February 17, 2012

Cupid

Let's try this again. :)  Simon Says Stamp and Show anything Goes, Fashionable Stamping Challenge - Monochromatic +1, and yeah!  Tim's 12 Tags.

I feel much better about my tag today than my card yesterday.  Yesterday's card needs something else but I couldn't think of what so I moved on. 

Tim has decided to make his 12 tags a monthly tag. Here is Tim's Tag.

Here is my tag:


I had seen this beautiful tinsel at Michael's in the spring section.  Yesterday it was on sale for 40% off and the end of the tinsel roll had this adorable cupid image on both sides. So I picked it up and brought it home and popped those images off the sides. :)

That was the inspiration for my tag.  I glimmer misted canvas tape and stamped the Verses How Do I love Thee on the tape in black ink.  I used that to form my frill around my image.  I applied the beautiful tinsel around the edge.

The background on the tag is the same Verses Rubber Stamp stamped in versamark and heat embossed using clear embossing powder.  I then sponged on Ranger Distress Inks - Victorian Velvet over the surface. I added a little watermarks with some Perfect Pearls Misting.

The Love sentiment is Memory Box.  The flourish is from Hero Arts and is stamped using Ranger Distress Inks Vintage Photo.

Thanks for stopping by!

Suzz

26 comments:

  1. It's absolutely beautiful and I love Tim's tag but I think I like yours even more. I love visiting your blog - your cards are just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous tag, love the added tinsel ang great bit of recycling with the image. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with earlier post - you've trounced Tim this time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How darling, Suzz! So much glitz packed in a small space with terrifically eye-catching embellishments! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  5. STUNNING! Love it more than Sir Timmie's!! But dont tell him that! Hugs May x x x x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Suzz...your tag is really lovely! I love your vintage image with the tinsel garland around it and the tinted tissue tape behind! Very beautifully done! Thanks for sharing your wonderful art with us at Simon Says Stamp and Show. <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful re-purposing as the image is so adorable and a perfect accent for your tag.
    Thank you for sharing with us at Fashionable Stamping Challenge.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great recycling idea - it looks gorgeous! I was looking at the tags on Tim's site and yours just jumped off the page. Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful tag, I love your tinsel frame. Thankyou for joining us at FSC this time.
    Meggymay/Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  10. Me encanta,te a quedado realmente precioso....

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Suzz! This is a beautiful tag. Lovely take on TIm Holtz's tag. Have a fabulous weekend. Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  12. Isn't it great to find some fun goodies to play and to be inspired by? I love the tinsel and vintage image for the tag! Tim will be proud!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a wonderful tag with great elements. Thanks for joining us at FSC this fortnight.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is so lovely ... I love the little charm and the sweet image too

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful! Love the white script stamping.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful! Love the white script stamping.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is a great take on Tim's tag! The Design Team are really pleased that you joined us for the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge this week - Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  18. what a gorgeous tag Suzz. It is super sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous tag, love the warm pinks and the sparkle. Thanks for joining us at Fashionable Stamping Challenges and good luck
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a beautiful tag.. Your cupid image is adorable..

    Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful!!! Love the tinsel touch...perfect!!! This is really gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great tag, love the tinsel...who can beat a sale! ;)


    Visiting from Tim's 2012 Tags
    Kristina
    www.pearlgateway.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful vintage tag! Love the sweet cherub along with the fab tinsel!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Another gorgeous creation. love the vintage image and the beautiful rosette.
    Thanks so much for joining in again with the FSC monochrome +1 challenge.
    Fliss x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!