Friday, February 10, 2012

Flourishes Challenge - Black, White + 1

The Flourishes challenge is black, white + 1 color.  I decided to use Aqua.  I wanted to create a quick Valentines card for my son and of course ended up with another card entirely. :)  I will have to still work on my son's valentines this weekend.

Here is the finished card.  

 I had started with the heart without flowers: 

 

Not sure which I like better.  But now I have a wedding card on hand. :)

Recipe:
  1. Lay down Heart die (Memory Box) onto white cardstock as your mask.  
  2. Punch multiple hearts (Martha Stewart Punch) from white cardstock.  Lay on white cardstock as additional masks. 
  3. Glimmer mist with Patina over masks. 
  4. Let dry. Fold up little hearts and attach to masked hearts. 
  5. Stamp Verses Rubber Stamps sentiment using black ink. 
  6. Apply mask and stamp flowers using black ink. 
  7. Spritz more glimmer mist on craft mat. Use waterbrush to add a touch of color to the flowers.
  8. Mount on card base. 

Thanks for stopping by!

Suzz

8 comments:

  1. What a beautiful colour the Aqua is Sue and perfect for both these cards. I think they are both gorgeous but for me personally the one with the flowers just pips in front of the other one. I think it's just down to personal taste though because I'm pretty sure my Daughter would jump for the one without. Either way, they are both elegant and I really love that sentiment.

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, Suzz! Loving the detail with the masking and reverse masking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love them both, Sue! Lovely soft blue....

    ReplyDelete
  4. love your stamp positioning and masking Suzz. the little fluttering hearts are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful! I love how you've done your masking! Thanks so much for playing with us in the Flourishes Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another beauty Suzz! Gladi'm not alone at still having Valentines to make! Have a great weekend! Best, Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh this is so pretty and soft looking, Sue! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so pretty. I like them both ways..

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!