Saturday, February 25, 2012

Stampendous Challenge - By The Sea

It's Stampendous Saturday!

My card uses a lot of texture this week. This month's texture challenge is wrapping up and a new challenge will start next week.

I used the Calligraphy Sampler Stamp in the background on the tissue paper waves. Spritz tissue paper with glimmer mist.  Stamp over with black ink the scripted background. Tear and apply to top half of the card. Layer on the tissue.

The shells are new stamps called: Spiral Shell and Heavy Conch .  They were stamped using versamark and heat embossed using the Aged Copper Embossing Enamel.  Then colored with watercolor pencils.

The sand texture is in the ripped paper and layering of embossing enamels.  I applied versamark ink onto my ripped cardstock and added a layer of Aged Taupe Embossing Enamel.  After that I heated up sections and poured a little of the Aged Rose Embossing Enamel and reheated for the touches of pink.  I repeated the process using Aged Copper Embossing Enamel

For more  inspiration:


And don't forget....about the monthly challenge!  Just add your direct link to your card (make sure you've included texture) to the linky tool below  (or on the Stampendous blog) no later than March 1, 2012 at 11:00 PM EST.  You do not have to use Stampendous products to play along, but we love it when you do!  And as an extra incentive for playing, one lucky person (drawn at random from all the entries) will receive the gorgeous Corset Ladies Perfectly Clear Stamp Set.

Have a wonderful Saturday!

Suzz

12 comments:

  1. Wow, Suzz, your waves and sand look amazing! Fabulous texture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so tactile and beautiful ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Suzz, fabulous card! Your sand is incredible, love the embossed shells. Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow the texture is amazing on this piece, the sand and waves are so effective. Very clever piece. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Suzz that sand looks real how cool
    Hugs Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Suzz, I think you refuse to bring us nothing less than utter beauty! I love the texture on this card. Amazing, amazing ocean floor. Did I say amazing?!?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing texture Suzz. Reminder to me to add a card I'd made.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks amazing my friend..

    Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!