Saturday, February 18, 2012

Stampendous Saturday - Texture Challenge

Today is  Stampendous Saturday!

I am sharing one of my projects from the new release.  I saw this Medieval Unicorn and was inspired to create a shield.


I started with finding a shape for a shield on-line and cutting it out from cardstock.  After it was cut I followed the process of covering the surface with versamark ink and heat embossing with Aged Bronze Embossing Enamel. I repeated this about 4 or 5 times.

Next, I inked up the stamp with versamark.  I then heated up the shield until the surface was moving so I knew the embossing powder would take the impression. Quickly set down the heat gun and press your image into the center of the shield.  Let sit there for a minute to cool down.  Remove stamp.  You should have a great impression in the center. (Now here's the beauty of this technique.... If it didn't take the way you wanted heat it back up and it should all melt together again and you can try again!)

After you get an impression that you like the versamark from the stamp will be in the impression that you have made so you can add another layer of embossing powder!  I poured black embossing powder into the impression and shook off the excess.  I then heated the image again.  This is tricky as you don't want to lose your impression so keep the heat further away and wait a little longer to get your black embossing powder.

I would try this out with a smaller stamp until you fill comfortable playing with this as it can be tricky. ;)

I also used this cool gadget from scor-pal that allowed me to make impressions around the edge of my shield. I did it after I had stamped the unicorn before it was completely cooled off.

The rest of the project was just layering papers onto the card base adding a ribbon and a cool medal found at my local thrift shop.  (I got a great deal on a bag of pins.  Something to look for if you go to the thrift store)

For more  inspiration:



And don't forget....about the monthly challenge!  Just add your direct link to your card (make sure you've included texture) to the linky tool below  (or on the Stampendous blog) no later than March 1, 2012 at 11:00 PM EST.  You do not have to use Stampendous products to play along, but we love it when you do!  And as an extra incentive for playing, one lucky person (drawn at random from all the entries) will receive the gorgeous Corset Ladies Perfectly Clear Stamp Set.

Have a wonderful Saturday!

Suzz

10 comments:

  1. Wow! Fabulous idea, Suzz! Love the way this turned out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Suzz, what you did to make that shield is absolutely impressive! It is just amazing. The giveaway stamp set is a real beauty, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea! love the card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. amazing card Suzz. Love the little shield. Such a great card

    ReplyDelete
  5. You always come up with such amazing ideas.. Such a great card. And I love the shield..

    Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous card ... brilliant design

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Wow this is Awesome, great idea with the shield, terrific masculine card!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW Suzanne!! What a great creation!!! Love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great masculine card! Love the Faux Metal Shield!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!