Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Circus Star!

The  newest products from Stampendous  October 2012 Catalog are being showcased this week with fabulous designs from the Stampendous DT. Each day this week there is a blog hop featuring the new release.  Start at the Stampendous blog each day to get a list of who is playing along that day!

The new release includes a series of vintage Circus stamps  which inspired my Circus Star!

Click to Enlarge

I started with party decoration star. (12" x 12") It had a shiny surface which I pulled off to expose the chipboard underneath.  A few coats of acrylic paint and some polka dots and it made the perfect background for my Lil Joker and vintage Circus poster.

I stamped the little clown multiple times on white cardstock and colored with a combination of dye inks and watercolor pencils. I cut him out and added white polka dots.

The poster was stamped on white cardstock and colored with dye ink and watercolor pencils.  The stars are die cut and sponged the stars with dye inks.

I stamped the sentiment and cut it apart to allow the clowns to hold it like placards. 

The new Stampendous stamps include:  Lil Joker, Circus Poster, and Life is a Circus.

Hop along to see all the other great inspiration by my team-mates:

Thanks for stopping by!

Suzz

14 comments:

  1. An amazing project Suzanne. Great theme and papers. Enjoy your day.

    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your circus star design Suzanne. Beautiful paper and stamps. Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this! The colors you chose and the polka dots are just perfect. Bravo! Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this! The colors are just fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WHAT AN AMAZING creation. Beautiful Suzz!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know I say it all the time, but you are sooo talented! Just love this fabulous piece! Gorgeous work, Suzz!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How fun! Loving all the stars and that joker makes me laugh, which I guess is the point, right?

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is absolutely adorable! I love it! I'm glad to see I'm not the only one that likes to recycle items like your star! My family makes fun of me but I love to reuse items when I can, it's so fun to see what you can do. I love the polka dots, they're so happy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How cool - love the vintage circus look, and what a great upcycling of a formerly boring decoration!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  10. a simply fab project Suzz. As usual, you can take the ordinary and make it extra-ordinary. I love the little joker. He is so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, this is so fantastic and creative. What a fun piece to have hanging in the house. Love your coloring, too. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a BEAUTIFUL Creation!! THANKS for sharing and have a FABULOUS WEEK!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Everything about you Circus star has me smiling. I just love the pink color you used and those pink polka dots in the background look amazing. LOVE THIS...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow Sue, this is wonderful! I'm not normally a lover of circus imagery (and/or circuses themselves) but for once I find this little clown really cute and fun looking instead of sinister. Beautiful colours too!

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!