Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Make it Work

I am a big fan of the Project Runway Show.  I love watching what the designers have to create in a short time frame with different challenges thrown at them. My tag I created today inspired by the  Tim Holtz October Tag ended up being a stylish little number. (Hence the project runway reference!)

My tag uses the techniques Tim shared and mixed up different design elements to compensate for me not having the fun die he used.

My tag's focal point needed to be die cut and glittered up.   I had an "aha" moment and decided to create my own chic black dress.

I started with tissue paper and stamping the tissue paper with the script background using archival ink.  I then crinkled up my tissue paper to get the wrinkles in before I applied it to my tag. 

I mixed Elmers glue with water and Dylusions spray(Yellow) and painted it onto the tag. I laid my tissue paper onto the tag leaving in the wrinkles.  I then applied another layer of my yellow glue over the surface.

While it was still wet I sprayed in spots the blue Dylusions spray and dabbed off the excess.

I then let this dry.  After it dried I came back and sponged on distress inks (Peacock Feathers, and Lemonade)

I added a coat of perfect pearls and edged the tag with black acrylic paint. I die cut the dress form and applied the black glitter per Tim's tutorial. The rest was stamping and cutting.


Products: Stampers Anonymous -  Attic Treasures, Artistic Outpost - French Flight, Stampendous - Eiffel Tower, Tim Holtz Sizzix Die - Sewing RoomPrima Flowers - Say it in Crystals,  Dylusions Inks, Ranger Distress Inks - Squeezed Lemonade, Peacock Feathers, Adirondack Pitch Black Paint

Thanks for stopping by!

Suzz

22 comments:

  1. Stunning Sue! Fab spin on the Tag, love your glittery dress form and vibrant colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your take on Tim's tag worked out great!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous tag, love the textured background and glittered dress form. I'm a new follower :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this amazing tag! The green background is gorgeous and the glittered dress form is spectacular! And of course I love that Eiffel tower! Very pretty! Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glamorous and exotically coloured! Such a fun take on the tag...
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the black glitter dress - very stylish! I was also intrigued by your method of making your tissue paper background of making coloured glue - very clever.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great take on Tim's tag! The tissue paper technique is a wonderful idea and one we can all use in many different ways. I always have wrinkled tissue paper around from gift bags and boxes and I love ideas on how to use it. I love the colors on your tag and I think it is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow..what a fantastic CHIC tag!! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fabby tag Suzz. It's quite stunning. Love your chic little black dress.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a glamorous tag, love the greens and the sparkly black, very chic! Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  11. A wonderful tag! Love it! You did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your Parisian version!! I am also a huge fan of Project Runway - Christopher all the way for me! :) I haven't watched last night's ep; if he's not in the finals I will be brokenhearted!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Super slinky dress,love the colours on the backing too but most of all the bow and gem on the Eiffle Tower - Excellent. BJ

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous take on Tims tag Sue! Love your chic LBD set against the background of those beautifully vibrant colours. The tissue creates a stunning backdrop for it.

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. i love how you used the dress manican! looks lovely!i also love the green background you created! awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I adore this tag! From the colours to the glitter to the bling...you have hit a home run here!

    ReplyDelete
  17. LOVE your tag Sue!! Colours are FABulous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Suzanne this is a fab take on Tim's tag. I love the dress form and brilliant background.

    I am working on my improvised tag too.

    Crafty hugs your newest follower Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  19. I totally love your take on this months challenge. Such a unique idea and executed flawlessly!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Such a pretty tag.I love the use of the glitter for the dress! Perfect for it. Love the Eiffel Tower and your background too!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Ohh la la!! What a fun color scheme and wonderful tag!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!