Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Leaves are Falling

Happy Fall! Welcome to the Artistic Outpost Monthly Blog Hop!  This month the Design Team created Fall themed projects to share.

I really like when the weather is crisp and the sun is shining.  That is perfect fall weather for me!  The leaves start to change and there are so many beautiful trees in varying shades of colors.  I started with those beautiful leaves as the inspiration for my project:


I stamped the beautiful leaf from The Outpost plate. I inked it up with a variety of colors from the distress inks.  I used yellow, orange, red and brown dye ink  to create the leaves. I inked up from lightest to darkest colors on the stamp.   After the leaves were stamped I hand cut them. (This took time but I like to do this busy work while watching TV)  After they were cut I sponged the edges with brown dye ink.  To finish them off I added a layer of Distress Crackle Paint.  I stamped the house and tree using black ink and added color with distress inks to the tree.  I stamped in the background the ledger from the Ephemera Backgrounds. I finished off the scene with several layers of clear embossing powder.

The sentiment is from the Flower Market.

When I finished my first project I had some of the beautiful leaves left and decided to create a tag.
 My inspiration was a nest of leaves for a bird.  I decided he needed a tree in the background and stamped the tree from The outpost along with the ledger.  I added the sentiment from the Kudzu Kafe. 

Products: Artistic Outpost Birds of A Feather, The Outpost, Ephemera Backgrounds, Kudzu Kafe

For more inspiration hop along to the rest of the design team:


Have a wonderful day!

Suzz

16 comments:

  1. what a great card and tag Suzz. They are beautifully coloured leaves. And your fussy cutting is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another beautiful project with gorgeous Fall colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful card Sue and I love those 'frosty' leaves and the cracked embossed focal image. Like many of us I love the colours of Autumn! Your favourite fall weather is also mine .......... and NOT what we have here this morning ... lashings of rain and high winds and altogether dark and gloomy ;0(. Still, your gorgeous card and tag have cheered me up :0)!

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx


    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous fall artwork Suzz, those leaves are gorgeous. Love the Autumnal colours and the tree looks fantastic. Love that you clear embossed and add crackle paint. Tracy x x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great composition, Suzz! Those leaves are so pretty and I love the little tag you made with the "leftovers", too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The card is amazing, so beautiful! Love the tag too! The leaves probably took you a lot of time, but they are perfect, so completely worth it, I say! Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful work, as always, Suzz! Love both your card and tag!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both of your projects here look amazing. Don't you just love the fall colors. I know I do.

    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the distress crackle paint you used on this. Stunning card and I love the tag!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful work, love both projects. I, too, love the fall colors with oranges and reds.

    ReplyDelete
  11. what a gorgeous tag!! Love the leaves!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful Fall card and Tag - wonderful mixture of AO sets! Love the trail of leaves!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Suzanne, this is the most glorious tree!!! What a gem of the season!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Two fall beauties! Love the woodgrain and the falling leaves on the card - what a beautiful setting for your fabulous scene! And your tag is awesome. I really love the way you used the ledger stamp as a background. Beautiful leaves too!

    Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  15. lovely autumnal feel to both pieces Sue. I really like your ribbon at the top of the tag.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your handcut leaves are stunning, Suzz - and the fuzz of leafy colour on the tree silhouette is so beautiful! Gorgeous tag too, full of drama with the b&w behind the autumn colours... love it!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!