Sunday, October 21, 2012

A Wish made by the Heart

This week the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge has a special guest designer ..... Wendy Vecchi!  She will be sharing a special guest post this week at Simon Says Stamp and Show.  Our challenge this week is to be inspired by Wendy!

I was very inspired by this blog post from Wendy Vecchi to play in my new art  journal.

I had this beautiful set of inspiring words that worked perfectly with the fun images from the AO Neverland set. 

My  journal page started with the star on Wendy's journal:

I sprayed the page with glimmer mist and added a layer of white acrylic paint over the surface to smear the colors.

I hand drew the star using watercolor pencils and highlighted it with white gel pen and added a touch of glitter.  I used  a stencil to add a little Chevron in the background.  I used a sponge tip to create the polka dots of orange dye ink.  I printed out the sentiment from the movie to cut out and add to the page.
I added additional stars and images from a few different AO sets in the background.  The words work perfectly with my whimsical Peter Pan page. 


Come play along with us for an opportunity to win a $50 voucher from Simon Says Stamp
Thanks for stopping by

10 comments:

  1. Fabulous page Suzz. Great colours, lovely layout... all just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous page Sue! Love the colours and all the fun stamps you used (I want that stamp set now!). The star looks wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful page, Sue! Love this pretty blue! Just magical! Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous Suzz, so many layers of interest from the chevrons to the dots to the images and inky background. Love your hand drawn star and your white highlights too. Love your use of images and text. Tracy x x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Suzz!! This is a stunning page, I love the texture and the soft aqua colors!

    *mwah*
    Steph
    Simon Says Stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOZERS Suzz! LOVE it....so peaceful and pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful page. Everything about it has me smiling.

    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  8. Suzz...these pages are so dreamy! I love them! I always love your work though....such lovely colors for the background and the stamps...well, amazing! <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  9. A beautiful dreamy journal page Suzz. x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!