Sunday, October 14, 2012

Happy Fall

I was looking through blogland and saw Barb and Donna had created some beautiful entries for the CAS-ology Challenge #14.  CAS is a good challenge for me to try. :)


 This was my third attempt using my spray of leaves in a design. :)  I started with stamping the Hero Arts leaf three times using brown archival ink.  I smeared STAEDTLER Karat Pastel Chalks in the centers of my leaves.  I used a sponge to smear them together and around the edges.  I spritzed the surface with Goose Bumps and waited for that to dry.  I then smeared the yellow pastels over the surface to add the hint of yellow.

I then cut it into the shape of a tag and layered it onto the white cardstock. Added the embossing and sentiment from Memory Box.

It is hard not to add more to the background but I like a good challenge.

Have a happy Saturday and don't worry I have a very complex and multi-layered project for tonight's SSSS post! :)

Suzz



11 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Sue!! I have ordered this leaf stamp it is a must!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this, Suzz! The tag looks wonderful with your gorgeous leaves! And thanks so much for the mention! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. very pretty Sue, gorgeous coloured leaves and I do like the way you've attached the tag with the button and string.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow - those leaves are absolutely glowing with colour... gorgeous card!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's a beautiful tag-card! Love your technique; it makes the leaves glow!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your leaves are beautiful Sue and using them in this way allows them to be seen in their full glory. I like the novel way of attaching the tag and also the texture from the Goosebumps. I bought some of this over a year ago and still haven't used it. I think you might have given me the push to have a play with it ;-)

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This showcases your immense talent Suzz... CAS one day, fussy and multi-faceted another. Love the leaves and the colours on your tag.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous inking and I love the button and twine! Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely card - beautiful focal point enhanced with embossing and small embellishments! Thanks so much for playing along with CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this.. I love how soft the leaves seem to look... Great project!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!