Thursday, October 25, 2012

Journey


Today is another day in the Stampendous Hop showcasing the new stamps in the October Release.

I was inspired by the Vintage Car and decided to create a travel tag:

The background is a piece of map that I had laying around. I cut the map to fit on my tag and tore a section out in the middle.  I added some really cool Aged Teal Embossing Enamel with a touch of Aged Gold Embossing Enamel around the edges.

I stamped the Vintage Car using versamark on a piece of the map and heat embossed using black embossing powder.  I stamped again on tan cardstock using brown ink.  I cut them both out and slightly overlapped them to give a cool effect.

I embossed an old key added an Idea-ology link and added it to the tag.  I stamped the Time Flies clock twice once I embossed in Aged Gold Embossing Enamel and the other in black ink.  I added a hint of teal blue to the clock face. I punched the clock face out in the embossed version and layered them together.

Just for fun I decided to try to coordinate my seam binding by embossing it with the Aged teal embossing enamel.  I sponged the surface of the ribbon using versamark and sprinkled the embossing enamel over the surface and shook off the excess.  I heated it up with the heat gun. You need to be careful and hold the heat gun further away so as to not start the ribbon on fire. :)  

For more wonderful inspiration:


And of course, you can browse the catalog below by clicking on the cover (all of the Stampendous catalogs as cool flippy books are on the Stampendous website at the bottom of the home page, too)
Stampendous October 2012 Catalog

21 comments:

  1. Absolutely lovely, Suzanne!!!

    Love it!!!

    die amelie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Suzanne, this KNOCKS my socks off. I love the Vintage car and MAPS...WOW!!!! Great job lady!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool tag - I love the car + shadow, brilliant effect!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a yummy vintage tag. I love how you brought all the different elements together!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! What a rich, vintage tag, and yet I can see that it's a more modern map, love the juxtaposition. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous tag Suzz, love the enamel and your use of a piece of map in the background. Love the car image and the key and winged clock face are fabulous. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic tag, Suzanne! Love the map background and the embossing on the edges. Beautifully vintage make!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Suzanne, This is FABULOUS. The way you have done the car is wonderful. Recycled key so cool. Doubling of the time flies looks super. And then you go and emboss the ribbon! Its all so playful and looks brilliant. Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
  9. wooh, what a great tag, love how you shadowed the car and the embossed seam binding is amazing

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW!! Such a FUN tag!! I LOVE all of the added elements that you dressed up!! THANKS for sharing and have a FABULOUS WEEK!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  11. beautifully done vintage inspired tag. love the antique look, great use of the enamels. thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a gorgeous tag. I just love it, so artistic...all the lovely embossing and embellishments. Love the map background too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, Suzanne! This is one of the coolest tags ever! I love the use of the map and especially stamping the car on the map, that was brilliant! I think of all the old keys I have laying around, some I don't even have a clue what they were for, and now you've inspired me to do something fun with them!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Totally cool!!
    So many great ideas in one amazing tag!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. another amazing tag Suzz. Love all the elements. So much texture. The key looks great and the way you off set the two colours of the car is inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What an amazing tag. The background map looks perfect here. That key also is the perfect touch.

    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is a super amazing tag Sue. Love the embossing enamels and the embossed ribbon is a neat idea. The vintage car is a fabulous image .... love the wheels!

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fabulous vintage tag - love the added roadmap, and embossing of the key!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!