Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Happy Halloween!

Happy Halloween! 

I spent a few hours last night making a few tags and a card for my kiddos to give them today with a little treat.

For my teenage son:
 I wanted to give him something slightly spooky and edgy and thought a combination of the My Minds Eye Lost & Found Halloween paper set the perfect tone.  I added the Stampendous Skeleton Poem and the sentiment is from a Sparkle Stamp set and the spider is Artistic Outpost Gothic 31.

For my teenage daughter I decided the Stampendous Sprite was goth enough for a teenager:
 

 I colored her in the greens and purples that my daughter loves.  The background is stamped with the Stampendous Grate in a coordinating purple. 

My last one is for my youngest daughter and she loves this cute mummy with the puppy:
 I stamped the image using black ink  and colored the image using my STAEDTLER Aquarell Watercolor Pencils. She likes my cute cards and I had to pick a cute image for hers.

I also wanted to share my Edgar Allen Poe Arch ATC's I made for a swap.  They were required to have a picture of him or a raven. I already shared the Raven ones but enjoyed looking up his stories to embody in my ATC.  I remember reading his stories in school around this time of the year.  


My first ATC shows a picture of Mr. Poe with some distressing, decoupage, and stamping.
 
 My second ATC was inspired by his story The Tell Tale Heart. 
 
The last one was inspired by The Cask of Amontallado where in his story the man was bricked up in a wine celler:
 I knew I wanted to create an door way to open up and find EAP inside:
The candelabra was just a fun touch on his head.

I hope you have wonderful Halloween!

Suzz




10 comments:

  1. Happy Halloween Suzz. Your creations are fantastic, the Poe pieces are amazing. Love your pieces for,your children, that mummy is so cute and I love the tims you have added to the other two too. Have a spooktaculous time. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great tags for the kids, love the mummy with puppy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job Suzanne. I always enjoy looking at your art. Such detail and great ideas. Love all the tags and the EAP is terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool... love the one for your teenage son, and the mummy's very cute - but hats off to the one of Poe - really disturbing, and I love the text creeping across the image... fantastic!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Hallowe'en Sue. Phew, you've been busy. Love the distress Poe/the mummy stamp and that cheeky skeleton tag - the fabric edging and orange jewels are particularly effective.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Hallowe'en Sue to you and your family. Every single piece of art in this post is fabulous. Love the three tags for your children and how you've made each one to suit their individual taste. The arched ATCs are very clever and the first one in particular is very atmospheric.

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. hope you enjoyed Halloween. All your cards, tags and ATCs are nice and spooky Suzz.

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW! Lots and Lots of fun tags and arches here. Your work inspires me my friend.

    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fab post filled with lots of spooky goodness! Love the tags adn the creativity in your Arch!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great ATC's! I can't close my mouth!! Love all of them!! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!