Saturday, October 27, 2012

School Days

Today is the big finale for Stampendous October Release Hop!  I decided to share some of the sweet vintage children from the new release.

I started with a fun chalkboard:
This started with a picture frame in the shape of an easel.  I painted it with white acrylic paint.  Cut a two pieces of Chalkstock to fit in the frame.

I stamped the Kids on Wheels using black ink and colored with my STAEDTLER Aquarell Watercolor Pencils.  I sponged the edges with blue dye ink.

I used the Altered Type Alphabet
to stamp the letters and numbers using a variety of ink colors.  The edges are sponged with yellow dye ink.

I created a coordinating card to go with the chalkboard:
 I added a coordinating Graphic 45 paper for the rulers. 

Now onto all the other inspiration in the hop: 


Thanks for stopping by!

Suzz

22 comments:

  1. OMG, this is too darn cute! I love the little kids on their and the chalkboard is a fabulous idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fabulously creative (and great shopper) to start with a easel shaped picture frame. Love the vintage children on wheels stamp. Fantastic project!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an adorable altered frame! I love all the elements you used, your imagination is what makes your projects so special!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE this! This is literally my favorite image from the release, what a fun, useful way to use it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cool set! Love the decorated chalk board and the card that goes with it :)>. My nieces would love something like this - amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. suzanne such a fresh retro off the page project....
    have u.s. mailing
    ava g

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMGosh! This is soooo adorable. I love the design idea, so very clever. I might even give it a try as a photo frame. Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness--this is adorable! So clever--love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cute to use this image with a chalkboard!

    ReplyDelete
  10. THis is SO CUTE!! I LOVE the idea and the FUN stamped border!! THANKS for sharing and have a FABULOUS WEEKEND!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  11. fun and fantastic project. love it.
    adventureofthecreativemind.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great idea to make a chalkboard. That image is perfect for it!! Very cute projects.

    ReplyDelete
  13. what a cute project Suzz. Love your little chalkboard and it's matching card.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, these little vintage kid stamps are so sweet! This is practical and truly fun!

    ReplyDelete
  15. fun project with the kid stamps, TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  16. These are both lovely Sue. I especially love the 'rulers' on the card. They border the lovely 'kids on wheels' beautifully.

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. You come up with some of the most creative ideas. This is adorable.

    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  18. Too cute! Wonderful way to alter the chalkboard for BTS!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!