Monday, September 28, 2009

Happy Birthday Dad!

My dad's birthday is coming up soon. I am always forgetful as his is so far apart from any other birthday except mine. So I get lulled into not worrying about birthday cards or presents and then I realize when my birthday pops up that his is just around the corner.

I decided to use up some scraps for scraps sunday....


I had punched out the leaves on one of my Caardvarks sketch challenge cards last week and this little scrap was laying there and I loved the effect and decided to create a card around the punched out leaves.

The circle was already cut and had a tiny bit of green distressing on one edge. Don't know why or how but decided to go with it and finish distressing it and then added the wood grain.

Very simple card and my dad will enjoy whatver I send him. Even though the buttons are not too manly.

Products:

  • Hero Arts - Woodgrain Pattern
  • Hero Arts - Delicate Leaves
  • Ranger Distress Ink - Peeled Paint, Corduroy

Have a blustery day! I feel like we are like Pooh and his friends because the wind is really blowing and it dropped 15 degrees from yesterday. Fall is definitely in the air.

Suzz

5 comments:

  1. A great masculine card, Sue! He`ll love it!

    Hugs,
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a lovely and beautiful card. I´m sure he will love it

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the combination of the wood grain, ferny background and leaves punched out of the newsprint paper. Really a great masculine card withough screaming "man". I guess by your description that your birthday is soon or has just passed. I hope you have (or had) a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your masculine card, especially the thick string - great use of the scraps!
    (When is it your birthday?)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Me encanta, es un acierto ya que es para un hombre, los elementos son los que deben ir. Felicidades a tu papá y me ha encantado Suz.
    Gracias miles por tus comentarios. Yo usé laca del cabello. Cuando hice algo de dibujo con carboncillo y pastel, la profe lo usaba.
    Besitos.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!