Thursday, September 10, 2009

Fall cards....

Hero Arts Blog Challenge this week is the fall color palettes... http://heroarts.com/blogs/club/2009/09/07/colors-for-fall/ Lovely colors: browns, oranges, reds and even a purple black combo too! How can you go wrong...

The first card I inked up the raindrop background with the greens, orange, red combo and stamped it. I then inked up the trees with brown, orange and tips with red.
Finished it off with some twine and buttons which I decided was a fence when I was done. :)
The second card was inspired by a photo I took on monday... In looking at it I realized it encompassed the last color combo of the week: black, orange, purple and green. So I created two cards, the first which emulates the picture with stamps:

and the second actually uses one of the pictures I took in the card. I normally don't like to use photos on my cards but I thought this would be a pretty one to incorporate.




Two cards created in two different ways. That butterfly was so gorgeous I sat and took pictures of him for a half hour. :)

Products:

  • Hero Arts (all stamps)
  • Ranger Distress Inks: Shabby Shutters, Spiced Marmalade
  • Versafine - Imperial Purple, Onyx Black, Crimson Red, Vintage Sepia
  • Watercolor pencils (Trees)
  • White Gel Pen
  • Purple Pearls
  • Orange Ribbon - Unknown (Recycled from a gift from a good friend)

Thanks for stopping by...


Suzz

8 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh Suzz, I'm in love with every last one of these. Just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, Sue!! I love all of them!! The butterfly cards and the photo is so gorgeous, totally stunning!! WOW, I'm speechless!! WOW!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love them! A garden is always a wonderful inspiration! Beautiful creations, Sue!

    Hugs,
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Drop dead gorgeous!!!!! I love them! Great job with the color challenges...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Guauuu, como llevo tantos dias sin poder entrar, ahora veo todos estos trabajos y estoy con la boca abierta, son realmente increibles, creativos y perfectos, ¡que va nunca llegaré a este nivel, me falta mucho. Besitos.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, Suzz! Love that you were inspired by nature to make a beautiful card! Terrific fall cards and colors! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. These cards are all beautiful. I think Autumn (Fall) produces my favourite colours.

    The butterfly is gorgeous too and wonderful inspiration.

    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your butterfly is just gorgeous and your cards are just as wonderful! I love the colors and uniqueness of all three.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!