Sunday, November 25, 2012

Angels we have heard on High

I decided to pull out some scraps and put together a card this morning.

 I had this scrap of music paper with the snowflakes and I don't remember what it was from but I loved the effect.  I decided to tear it and overlay it onto a sheet from a book.  The next step was to pull out this angel I stamped, colored and embossed yesterday and didn't use!  The angel is from one of my new favorite sets from Stampendous Excelsis Deo and she is colored using my STAEDTLER Karat Aquarell Watercolor Pencils.  I decided to put her along the torn edge and dug out my Hero Arts - Greatest Gifts set with the nativity and placed it along the bottom.  I then decided to stamp the Angels we have heard on high in the middle.  Look what happened:


ARGH!  I loved the design but blew it with the embossing powder and the smudgy letters.  So I stamped it on another sheet of the book and added it over.  I liked the original design but when you are working with scraps... :)  You can't always repeat the process.

Hope you have a lovely Sunday!

Suzz



14 comments:

  1. I actually really love the words on the torn book page, tying it in to the page behind, so I would say that was a really happy accident!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, love your card, the angel is beautiful and I have to say I like the wording stamped on the piece of torn paper better than the original

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely gorgeous design, Sue - I like it either way......

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful project, I like the version with the torn book page in the middle. It softens the B&W side of the card, and it looks like a cloud over the manger.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They all work wonderfully together! I'm so glad you mussed up the first one (I say respectfully!!!) as the text stamped on the 'scroll' looks even better. Gorgeous! Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your creative use of scraps. This card is gorgeous. Love the angel and the nativity at the bottom. Love the apps accident too. Great card Suzz. Tracy x x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hate when I mess up the embossing, and I always do, but I actually LOVE your torn sentiment on the card, I think it's gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is fabulous Sue and I think you could call the messed up embossing a 'happy accident' because like everyone else I like it better on the torn scrap. That angel is stunning and perfect for looking down on the Nativity scene below. Beautifully composed card, I love it.

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Totally stunning Suzz and such a great save. I think the finished card is even better for the addition of the works like that

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card Suzanne! So elegant looking! Hope you had a Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  11. A serendipitous accident!! the card is very beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a beautiful card and I think you had a Happy Accident there as I prefer the end version!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Absolutely gorgeous card, Suzz! And I really like the covered version better...more texture! Fantastic!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!