Sunday, November 25, 2012

Heart in My Pocket

 This week at Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge we are sharing projects with heart.   I used a set of t Melissa Frances pockets with tags to create a mini album.We also have a spectacular guest designer this week: The Gentleman Crafter.

I took a bunch of different photos of my mini book.  This is the outside covers open flat to show you the front and back. 


I used some lovely roses paper and added a few bees stamped and colored.  The front of the mini book has  a sentiment from the Artistic Outpost Quote and Quotables.   I accented with a touch of lace and twine.  I used 7 Gypsies tape to tape the pockets together.

Here is the center of the book. You can see the twine that I wound around the center of the taped pages to hold the book together:


The theme for my pages is all based on flowers, bees, and nature.    The papers are all from two 6 x 6 pads of paper to help keep the color scheme coordinated.


I turned the page from the center to share one of the back pages and the back side of the middle page: 

The tags pulled out:







I was quite pleased with the end result and love the hearts as pull tabs on the top of the tags.  It is always fun to put together a mini album with different images in the same theme.

Products: Spellbinders Classic Heart Dies, 
My Minds Eye - Be Happy - Follow Your Heart ,  My Minds Eye - Honey - The Sweetest Thing, Artistic Outpost - Quotes and Quotable, 
Artistic Outpost - Flower MarketHero Arts - 19th Century French ScriptStampendous Queen Bee, Stampendous Thoughtful Wishes , Stampendous - Bluebird Branch, Artistic Outpost - Lovely Day, Artistic Outpost - Ephemera Background, Artistic Outpost - Bloom & Grow, Hero Arts - Delicate Leafs ,
Melissa Frances PAPER BAGS with Tags, 7 Gypsies Paper Tape - Global Ledger Numbers
Come share your heart inspired project for an opportunity to win a $50 voucher from Simon Says Stamp

Thanks for stopping by!

Suzz

18 comments:

  1. Suzz... I always know I'll find something sensational when I visit your blog.... and this is no exception.... other thank being exceptional! Totally stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a pretty book Sue. I love it all but the tags with the hearts are such a lovely addition and the theme running through the book and tags makes this project exceptionally lovely. I especially like the images you have chosen my favourite being the little birds on the branch on the last tag. Fabulous inspiration as always.

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Major pretty and so spring like. Too bad we can't skip winter after the holidays wrap up and go straight to spring.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the hearts at the top of the tags Suzz, lovely idea. You also make me realise there are some beautiful papers out there and I really should use more . I love your mix of bird and floral images too. Love the use of the AO sentiment on the front. Very eye catching pretty piece. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Suzz...as always, you're created such a little work of art! I love the vintage feeling that all of your pieces have. This little mini book is fabulous! I so love all of your stamped and colorized images. So lovely. The bits of lace, buttons and other little embellishments you've added are perfectly placed on each page or tag. Love the hearts as the pull tab on each of the little tags that pull out of the pockets. Beautifully done, my friend. <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  6. This mini book is so pretty Sue! Love the heart tabs, all the papers you used, and most of all the gorgeous tags. Wonderful stamping and colouring.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is amazing Suzz! Love all the bright colors and those hearts are gorgeous! it makes me smile! hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just beyond stunning!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is just a lovely little work of art! Oh my!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very beautiful! love the colours; and the heart pulls!

    ReplyDelete
  11. A gorgeous book full of beautiful stamping!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous mini-book, and the heart tabs on your tags are a genius touch - lovely!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  13. ABSOLUTELY LOVE this!!
    All the lace and buttons, hearts and lovely papers! SCRUMPTIOUS:)
    Thanks for sharing the deets.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Amazing project, Suzanne! Such fabulous art; each tag is a masterpiece!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous project, Suzz!! I really love how you stamped in black, it really looks crisp against the softer colors :)

    *mwah*
    Steph
    Simon Says Stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your mini book...the colours scheme is truly stunning, the texture and details on them are absolutely look superb!!!!! Love..love...love them!!
    Heaney xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful mini album, so many wonderful details!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!