Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Holiday Hop

Today the Artistic Outpost team is sharing Holiday creations featuring the beautiful Artistic Outpost Holiday Stamps.  There is also a 15% off sale on the Artistic Outpost Christmas stamps Wed. Nov. 21st through Monday November 26th use the code:  Christmas2012 when checking out.
 
 I like to shop after the holidays to see what is left over from  the holiday decorations.  This sled ornament was in a sale pile and I picked it up to hold onto for this year. I think it makes a wonderful base for my stamped Christmas Door.

I stamped the Christmas door from the Snowy Woods plate onto white cardstock.  I used the STAEDTLER Karat Aquarell color pencils to color my door.  I cut the door out from the door frame.  I taped the door to Kraft cardstock and added pop dots to the frame and added it to the kraft cardstock. 

After I finished my door I realized I wanted something to showcase my door and that is where the sled comes in. I dug around in my alterable shelf and realized that the door fit perfectly on the sled.  I placed the door on the sled and added my finishing touches with the glittery snowflake, ribbon and pine cones.

The sentiment is stamped from the Sleigh Ride plate onto a die cut.  I edged the die cut with the Stampendous Gold Tinsel Embossing powder.

To see the other Designers beautiful projects hop along to their blogs:


Thanks for stopping by!

Suzz





19 comments:

  1. fabulous Sue. beautifully coloured with nice subtle bling. (can bling be subtle? lol)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely stunning and what a wonderful idea to use the sleigh as the backdrop, very clever. Love your added touches of sparkle. The door is wonderful set against the sleigh. Tracy x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, I love this! I am working on a sleigh at the mo, but mine is very silly!

    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous and oh so perfect to use the sleigh!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, Suzz, that's gorgeous! Love the sled... I love picking up post-Christmas decoration bargains - now they'll be going into my craft stash too!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing hanging, love all the details, you are so clever GF!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brilliant, what else can I say? I'll take a dozen, please, to hang on my tree!

    Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, my! That little sled is amazing, Suzz! So many gorgeous details! LOVE the colors, the sparkle, the dimension and just the sheer gorgeousness! Beautiful work! Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amazing component with the sled! Love the door as well! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW this is fabulous Suzz, love your creative design.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a treat! I Love it. Fab make. Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super cool way to use the little sled!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a gorgeous project! I love that stamp and the sled is the perfect base for it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous alteration of the sleigh! The Christmas Door Scene looks wonderful on the sleigh as well as your glittery embellies!

    ReplyDelete
  15. very pretty, wonderful way to decorate the sled!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Really unique and different.. love the touch of the snowflake... WHERE do you find them??

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a brilliant idea Sue! I'm positive I would never have looked at that sled and imagined doing something like this with it. It's really lovely and I love the dimension you have achieved with the door and the gorgeous colouring. The door looks really weathered. Such fabulous inspiration!

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!