Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Artistic Outpost November Release

I am so excited as today I get to share the newest plates from Artistic Outpost.   There are two new plates: Cowgirl Strength and Auld Lang Syne

Auld Lang Syne is a collection of turn of early twentieth century New Year related images.  Nine bold images make up this collection and were designed to complement the Picture Star rubber stamps featuring images from the same era.
Cowgirl Strength is all about girl power and knowing her own strength. Ten unique images complete this collection including bandanna trim and stitching as well as three fierce and gorgeous cowgirls. 
The cowgirls and sentiments are all irresistible.  I had a hard time picking which gal to stamp up first.  I finally decided on Annie Oakley (my nickname for her)


I paired or treyed her up with with a set of aces.  I smeared the card with a touch of acrylic paint to give a surface to stamp the image on.  I added a hint of color to the image using STAEDTLER karat Aquarell watercolor pencils.

I had this fantastic denim pattern paper which I edged with the stitching stamp.  I added a few stars, twine and burlap for texture.  Any of the sentiments would have been perfect with the image.


The Auld Lang Syne plate had me singing snippets of the song while creating Holiday Decor and cards:


This started with stars cut from shimmery pattern paper and the elegant lady and gentlemen stamped and colored in coordinating colors.  I added a touch of glamour in the background with some holiday picks.  I added this to the stick from the holiday picks to give me a decoration that can be set in a vase with flowers or in centerpiece arrangement.

Hop along and see the fantastic creations from the rest of the Design Team:


Thanks for stopping by!

Suzz

12 comments:

  1. Hi Suzz, love how,you paired the cowgirl with a set of aces and I love the stitching around the edges and great use of the denim paper. The star is so elegant and I love the ribbon. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW Suzz. Amazing new stamps. Both your projects are wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect poker aces with your first image - what a genius idea! Love the rough and rugged denim too... And the Happy New Year project is so full of pizazz (how do you spell that, I wonder?)...
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow suzz.....love your cowgirl card, fabulous. Card 2 just sparkles with delight!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just amazing Suzz! I love both of your pieces. I hope you nd yours are well. Best, Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the altered playing card using the Cowgirl, the added stitching looks wonderful on the paper you used! The NYE decoration is fabulous with the added sparkle!

    ReplyDelete
  7. As always your creations here are wonderful. I always get inspired when I pop in here.

    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  8. Annie is FABULOUS - the aces are inspired! Who is that stitching stamp by please? I want one of those! Love your sparkling decoration too - they are just getting ready to party! Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
  9. "Cowgirl Strength" is a really inspiring collection. The playing cards in your project are a wonderful Wild West nod. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sue, I really thought the stitching was genuine! Shows how good the stamp is, lol! Lovely card for one of today's independent young women.

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oooh, I forgot about the lovely star! Another fabulous idea and I think this would make a perfect focal point in a table arrangement. Brilliant idea!

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well Sue I'm not much of a western look, but this is fabulous. I love how you made it, the aces and the background is brilliant thanks so much for sharing....

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!