Thursday, November 8, 2012

Fall Butterfly

The Stampendous DT is hopping this week showcasing the Stampendous products along with the Beacon Adhesives.


We were given an awesome selection of adhesives and they were all fantastic.  I used on this card a combination of Fast Finish (Decoupage) and Zip Dry Glue
 My butterfly is stamped in black ink and adding a mix of the color fragments to color the butterfly. I used the Zip dry to provide a layer of adhesive and then sprinkled my color fragments in bands of color. After this dried I covered the surface with Fast Finish to provide a glossy finish to my butterfly.  I then added a strip of Zip dry in the center and added the black glass glitter to the center of the butterfly.

I repeated the process with the color fragments on the corners of my card.

 I inked up the Decorative Grate stamp with yellow, orange and red dye inks and spritzed with water.  I stamped repeatedly until my background was finished. The edges were distressed with the distressing tool and a touch of the red dye ink. The sentiment was stamped in black ink and heat embossed using black embossing powder. The leaf and sprig was stamped with the deep red dye ink multiple times behind the butterfly.

Products: Stampendous Jumbo Cling Butterfly Trio, Cling Decorative Grate , Cling Life is Art Ochre Color Fragments, Burgundy Color Fragments, Caramel Color Fragments, Leaf Sprig ,  Black Glass Glitter Ranger Distress Inks - Scattered Straw, Rusty Hinge, Aged Mahogany, Vintage Photo, Beacon Adhesives - Fast Finish, Zip Dry

To see all the other inspiration hop along to:

Stampendous will draw random comments from random blogs to win your own Fast Finish and stamps, so don't forget to leave comments for your opportunity to win! 

Thanks for stopping by!

Suzz

26 comments:

  1. That is beautiful! I especially like the way you did the butterfly! I have some beacon glue and use it often. Good stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your fabulous collage and the butterfly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this is fabulous Suzanne. Absolutely beautiful. Will definitely explore your technique and products. Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what a masterpiece, Sue!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, my goodness, what an amazing effect, Suzz! That butterfly is absolutely gorgeous! Fantastic card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow - stunning! The effect of those colour fragments is amazing!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is stunning Sue! What fabulous products and techniques. I love the colours and that butterfly is breathtaking. Awesome work altogether.

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. very cool artsy feel, the fragments and glass glitter look great!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Whow! That butterfly is spectacular and looks like a mosaic masterpiece! I would faint if this arrived in my mailbox. It's gorgeous, Suzz!

    ReplyDelete
  10. this is really something amazing. Just fabulous Suzz.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a cool way to use the fragments! Absolutely gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is awesome--love the background.

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh wow.... beautiful art! Love all the work in this.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lots of yummy stamping going on here. Very pretty my friend.

    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOVE LOVE LOVE this Suzz!!1 The layers of dimension are wonderful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow such cool texture on the butterfly, and I love your stamped background! I have never seen fragments used like this! Thanks for sharing.

    Katie B.

    ReplyDelete
  17. WOW! Stunning! You're talent knows no bounds! I love your artistic style!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the fall card.

    craftymom205 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow, Love your background made with the dye ink and the grate stamp! Makes the Jumbo Butterfly and the black embossing ink really pop!

    ReplyDelete
  20. How did I miss this Sue? what a wonderful riot of autumnal colour.

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is a so beautiful card, LOVE your butterfly.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Fab piece! Love the colors, background and pretty butterfly?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!