Saturday, December 26, 2009

Bluebells and more Bluebells

There are a couple of new cling stamps from Hero Arts which are silhouette stamps. I purches the Silhouette bells and wanted to create something based on Jenn B's gorgeous card. I will still have to try that because I ended up with a bunch of different cards using my bluebells but not one used the technique that Jenn did. :)

This is the last one I created. I used watercolor pencils to color in the flowers and stems and added a touch of glitter along the edges.

The stamp is so lovely by itself that I first created a set of cards using nothing but the stamp and a sentiment stamped in a solid color.





You can guess what happened on this card... I stamped off center and had more room at the top. So I compromised and stamped my sentiment on the top.

This is a gift card holder. The card slides in under the picture. The background is a mix of distress inks inked onto the stamp randomly.
The tag slideds out like this:
These two I masked the area and sponged/stamped over the bluebells...


I just wanted to mention that everytime the stamp was used I kept thinking of the old song we used to sing while jumping rope... Bluebells... Cockershells... Evy, Ivy, Over...

Hope you had a beautiful Christmas and are resting up. We had a lovely celebration and I had 15!!!! Copics in my stocking... I think Santa did really well for me.

Have a lovely day!

Suzz

20 comments:

  1. Wow Suzanne, what a gorgeous selection of cards from the same stamp! Your colour work is dazzling, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...what a gorgeous set of cards! Great experimenting!
    Love the colors on the gift card holder....

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are all just stunning. I would really like to try this with the other silouhette stamp I bought after seeing your other beautiful card. Wishing you and yours a really wonderful Happy Healthy New Year and a belated Merry Christmas (due to my short attention span) Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sue, you are selling that stamp - especially love the top one because of the effective white accents - love everything you do!

    ReplyDelete
  5. so inspiring Suzz.... Just love all the different ways you have done cards with just one stamp....HA should hire you as a designer!!!
    What a lucky girl to get 15 Copics... awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bluebells, huh? I thought they were Lilly of the Valley when I first saw them - one of my favorite flowers both in looks and scent. Either way... it looks great as a graphic image in all your different variations.

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow! gorgeous cards Sue!! amazing colors and i just adore what you have done with this beautiful stamp! so happy that Santa heard yours wishes for Copics!! YAY!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just beautiful! Your techniques and colors are amazing! I so need this stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just FABULOUS Ms Suzanne! Love love LOVE the gift card holder!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love all of the different colors on your cards Suzz!!!!!!! Fun to see it in so many ways :) So happy you get all those yummy Copics..yay! Hugs,kathy

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW! I love all of the different ways you are using this stamp-- each card is so unique! That gift card holder is BEAUTIFUL!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. They look all so lovely Suzz - beautiful stamp...Great set of cards.....

    ReplyDelete
  13. So fun in all those colors. I looked at that stamp, but didn't get it. This makes me want it. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous selection of cards made with your new stamp Suzanne. I am loving the one for the gift card, love that distressed background. Happy New Year to you. Sallyx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Amazing! They are all so beautiful! I never would have though of colouring in the silhouette as you did and it came out so gorgeous!! I'm going to be looking at my own stamps with fresh eyes now to see if I can use these ideas, thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful stamp Sue and you've really made it work for you with all the different ways you used it. I particularly like the one with the image inked in different DIs.

    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Super cards!! Love all the different techniques!

    Hugs,
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  18. Uhau!, Si solo hace unos dias que no entraba y veo que tienes Cantidad de tarjetas un MAS Cual bonitas Enterarme pecado y yo. Son todas preciosas Éstas y las anteriores de la entrada, son fabulosas.
    Feliz año nuevo 2010, en el que se te cumplan todos tus deseos.
    Bss

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love seeing how you used this stamp in so many different ways - wonderful Sue!

    ReplyDelete
  20. The watercolor pencils look so effective on these cards and all the different techniques you used really shows your versatility so much! Love them all!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!