Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Tag Tuesday Challenge #29

I know I said I was done with tags... But Louise has the weekly tag challenge and I enjoy participating. So one more tag this week. The colors for this challenge are Teal, Wine, and Blue. She is kind enough to let us select the hues of the colors we use.

I was thinking of how to incorporate the colors together and I thought of wool knit mittens we had as children.



I first hand drew the shape of the mitten. (would have been helpful if my little one were around or had mittens in the house) I think it looks pretty close to the correct porportion. The background was stamped using StaZon Teal blue ink and the Hero Arts Dots and flowers Designblock stamp.

I added a dot in the center of each flower using my blue watercolor marker. The edges are sponged with stonewashed blue.

The buttons and ribbon are a burgandy color but unfortunately when photographed they reflect the highlights. The other button is a nice deep blue which looks like black in the picture.

I hope you enjoyed my little mitten tags as much as I enjoyed making them.

Products:

  • Hero Arts DesignBlock - Dots and Flowers
  • Adirondacks - Stonewashed
  • Watercolor Marker
  • Lace, Buttons, Twine, Ribbon - Unknown
  • StaZon - Teal Blue
  • Versacolor - Burgandy
  • Hero Arts - Holiday Messages

Thanks for stopping by...

Mitten update... I am like the kittens... I have lost my mittens...

Due to the Christmas decorations being put up, I have had to move my shadow box where I take my pictures onto the floor in the other room. I sometimes leave my project in the box until after I clean up and load in case I need to take another picture. Unfortunately my puppy who is almost a year old was very quiet while I was typing away in here. Yep.. She was having a feast on my lace, twine, ribbon and buttons. I don't even want to think about where they went. So my poor mittens are destroyed.

Suzz


27 comments:

  1. I love your mitten tags with the buttons and lace trim....how sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I'm sorry about your mittens, Suzanne! They are...were....darling pieces of art! (I made a fabulous piece out of UTEE once...dropped it and it broke into smithereens! No restoration possible.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is so cute!! i love our hand-drawn mittens and love the lace trim in this! it's the perfect touch!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These mittens are just the cutest things!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh NO! Puppies are trying.......reminds me of our dog Brandy, part lab, all chewing. He decided to teethe on my brand new end table. There were other wood items in the room but that's the one he chose........

    I loved your mittens! So glad you got a pick of them before they became dessert!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great idea and so cute. So sorry that your pup liked them so much...but it is kinda funny!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your mittens. They are beutiful and at least you have a picture and know that your puppy has good taste. I am so sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are darling mittens, super fun and cute project!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What cute mittens. Great colors.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So creative to make a pair of mittens as a tag - love the idea! Hugs Sanne

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh no... after all that wonderful work, the dratted puppy has eaten them.... they were wonderful Suzz...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Precioso estos guantes o mitones, son super creativos. Con el traductor no he entendido bien si tu cachorro se los comiĆ³ despues de hacerle la foto o se comio tus guantes de uso, me he quedado en la duda. Besitos.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great idea, so sorry to hear they can no longer be used to decorate a Christmas parcel or whatever!

    ReplyDelete
  14. How adorable! A Country Christmas Cutie!!!!!Love em.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your mittens are adorable, what a wonderful idea for a tag!! I'm so sorry they met a premature end, naughty puppy. At least you have a good photo to recreate them from.

    ReplyDelete
  16. AH! That naughty puppy! Are you sure she wasn't just adding some distressing? :) Love your mittens, so sorry they had a short life!

    ReplyDelete
  17. ok ok I have that same cookie cutter in your blog header which is all vintagie goodness!!!!! Love these mittens too. You rock
    hugs,Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  18. Too bad about your mittens - puppies will eat anything! You have to forgive them because they are so cute. Glad you got a picture and hope you have a template, they were adorable. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Darling mittens! ADORE your banner.

    ReplyDelete
  20. So clever and creative! Big Congrats on your Hero Arts win!!! Your tag is gorgeous, it is so well deserved!

    Hugs,
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is totally fabulous, Sue!! How clever of you, love it!!

    Have a beautiful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your mittens are adorable. I like the pattern you stamped on them. What a shame that your puppy liked them too and had them for a snack.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I know how you feel about 'losing' your pretty mittens Sue. In England our postman puts the mail through the letterbox straight into the house and I have to beat our little Jack Russell, Snoopy, to it otherwise all the lovely Christmas cards which are arriving would have (not so) nice lacey edges.

    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!