Monday, December 14, 2009

Fishing on Valentine's Day?

This is the card I was working on for my January Memory Box Class...



You pull out the string and there is a little note of love!

I made a little pocket on the inside to store the letters. They can than just pull the fish out and find their little note.

I am very excited to have been selected to be part of the Memory Box Design/Instructors Team. So expect to see more wonderful Memory Box stamps and papers!

The little hearts and middle size tree are part of the new Memory Box Release for Valentines day. The papers are gorgeous and I hope to show you a few of them as I build up a few more cards for my January class.

The penguin is also a Memory Box penguin. I changed his appearance to fit my fishing. The fishing rod is one of their cute stamps and made me think of ice fishing.

My grandpa took us grandkids out on the ice after they had drilled the hole and let us try fishing. What I remember is that it was very cold and when you did get a bite it was really hard to bring the fish in as you had to pull it up through the ice which was very deep.

Sorry I have been away for so long, but I have this cold that I can't shake and busy getting ready for the holidays.

Hope all is well with you and your families.

Suzz

16 comments:

  1. Hope your cold goes away quickly! This is one of the most unique holiday cards I've seen! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how very cute!!! I really like interactive cards like this, just makes it a whole lot more fun and inviting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Sue! This is super duper adorable, I absolutely love it!

    Big congrats on the design team, Woohoo!! So happy for you, enjoy!! Take care of yourself and feel better soon!! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is delightful Sue! Love the hearts on the trees which you presumably did by hand! Clever!

    ReplyDelete
  5. too cute! too cute!! what a creative and fun card, Sue!! LOVE IT!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very Cute....Well done of making the design team, and hope you are feeling better heading up to Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How cute is this and such a novel idea. Brilliant Sue!

    Congratulations on your DT post.

    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is just Adorable....i so miss teaching classes, wish we had a store near by.....

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a cute scene you have created Suzz - like that little penguin A LOT!

    ReplyDelete
  10. ¡¡¡Genial!!!, es una idea preciosa y muy creativa, lo que a ti no se te ocurra, esta increible. Felicidades. Bss

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's about time somebody snatched you up!! Congratulations on being chosen for this design team......their stamps are so cute! Sending hugs and hoping you will be feeling better real soon!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Are ya kidding me? How stinking cute is that penguin fishing for a love note? You are seriously in a class by yourself, Suzanne, I just love your style!
    Kudos on the design team, can't wait to see your Memory Box creations.
    Hope you're feeling better and back to full strength soon,
    Blessings to You!

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh wow! awesome! HUGE congrats!!!! I just used a new memory box on a card a couple weeks ago! love their stamps and own a lot, just not enough time!!!! ugh!
    Your fishing card is adorable and so creative! tfs!
    Pam Going Postal

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh My gosh how cute is this...stunning stunning and GENIUS idea too!!!!!!! Woo Hoo love it :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!