Saturday, December 19, 2009

Cracked Glass

This was inspired by an ornament I saw online where they had the picture under a layer of glaze. These are some of the new stamps from Hero Arts. I went out yesterday and picked up some of the new sets. The rose comes with two beautiful sketched birds. The butterfly is part of a clear set called Antique Engravings and it has other butterflies, dragonfly and shells.

After I applied the yellow dye ink background, I wish I had chosen another color but once it was down I had to keep going.

The main panel was stamped in memento and the flowers were colored with my Copics. I then stamped the butterflies and dragonflies and used my watercolor pencils to color them. The background is sponged with yellow dye ink and around the edges with brown dye ink.

I than stamped the entire image with versamark watermark ink and heat embossed with clear embossing powder. I repeated that process 4 times and then cracked it. I then applied a layer of brown dye ink and wiped up the excess.

The rest is just piecing the background together.

Thanks for stopping by...

Suzz

16 comments:

  1. Wow Suzanne this is absolutely stunning, love your cracked glass effect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Está perfecto!, me encantan los colores y todo el conjunto, una vez mas, arriba. Bss. buen fin de semana.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh Suzanne - this is amazing. Such gorgeous stamping and beautiful crackle glaze technique, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is more than fantastic - haven´t seen anything like this before - So so beautiful Suz!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The cracked glass looks fabulous on this aged, yellow coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow! what a gorgeous piece of art Sue!!!!!! i am drooling! this is sooooo beautiful! love the cracked glass look. this is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your stamping and colors look great with this technique! Once again, I am blown away by your talent!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks awesome Suzz.. the yellowy colour gives it a real vintage old look... like aged paper goes...

    ReplyDelete
  9. So beautiful Suzz.. Love the yellow vintage.. Thanks for explaining, so I know how you made this amazing creation.

    ReplyDelete
  10. How gorgeous is this, Sue! You are amazing, I enjoy your work so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is sooo amazing, oh my gosh, love the look of that cracked glass!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is gorgeous! I really like the yellow - it works very nicely with the green leaves, paper and ribbon. It truly looks like a vintage piece!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is very beautiful Suzz - love how you always put so much work into your cards with different techniques!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love this technique Sue. The card is beautiful and I like the yellow too.

    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Suzanne, stunning is an understatement... just amazing card. Thanks for you lovely comment on my blog. (Santa was arriving to the yacht club so I suppose it is only fitting he arrives by boat! and gets a cannon salute!) Don't you just love the questions children ask! Looking forward to seeing more creations with the new stamp sets. Enjoy the holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is honestly one of the very few cards I have seen using the Cracked Glass technique that I have liked. Yours of course is just stunning!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!