Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Tag Tuesday Challenge #28

Christmas tags in green, purple and silver is the tag challenge at Louise's blog this week. The best part is the Hero Arts blog challenge this week is also holiday tags. So two challenges in one. :)

I have three tags to share. I started down a path of trying to use this color combination. (3 more rejects on my table right now.)

This was my first attempt... Wasn't sure I really liked how this turned out, so I kept going... Along the way I made a background that I liked and this tag was created.


The tree was from a previous reject. I tried creating the faux metal in the middle of the tag as a strip of faux metal and didn't like how it looked. I didn't want to lose the pretty faux metal. I punched it out and that is how this tree came to be.
The snowflake was a tag I had started previously by stamping with StazOn on the clear acrylic snowflake tag. The Stazon was a light green and you couldn't see it. I also stamped a background stamp with clear sparkly embossing powder. Pretty but difficult to see.

For this challenge I decided to add a layer of iridescent embossing powder over the entire background and heat emboss it. I then added a layer of white embossing powder over the entire surface. I came back and stamped on the front the sentiment using StaZon (Royal Purple) . Edged with the silver krylon pen.

Products:

  • Hero Arts - Antique Flower Background
  • Hero Arts - Three Holiday Messages
  • Penny Black - Joy Seal
  • Hero Arts - Poinsettia and Birds
  • Cuttlebug Embossing Folder
  • Embossing Powders - Iridiscent, White, Silver
  • StaZon - Royal Purple, Cactus
  • Versamark Watermark Inkpad
  • Versafine - Imperial Purple
  • Aluminum Foil
  • Recollections - Pearls
  • Ranger Distress Inks - Concord Purple
  • EK Success Punch - Tree
  • Krylon Paint Pen - Silver

Thanks for stopping by... If you are interested in details on any of the techniques send me an email and I would be happy to share.

Suzz

21 comments:

  1. Three winners if you ask me, Suzanne. The snowflake one is particularly cool with the background treatment. Loved looking at them all, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, all of your tags are really fantastic. My favourite is the snowflake. Wonderful shape.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooh, love 'em all, Sue--and the second one is my fave!
    such an unusual color combo, but it works!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow love all your tags Suzanne but I think my favorite is the snowflake.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, these are fabulous!! Congratulations on your Moxie Fab feature! Great Trigger, have to make a card for it!

    Hugs,
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love them all, Suzanne! Each one is a unique little masterpiece, such wonderful work you did on these!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ahhhhhh.... it's always a treat to see your creations Sue!!! those tags are gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my, what total eye candy Sue! Love all of these tags, the first two, I really like the trees and the dimensions created! And the snowflake in purple and green, so delightful! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  9. beautiful tags and what a gorgeous colour combination

    ReplyDelete
  10. You've totally inspired me to try again with these colors. Each of your tags is so different from the other...and each is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  11. All just wonderful (like Donna - the 2nd one is my fav) Your tags are so inspiring. I bought 16 tags yesterday so will be having a go thanks to you and Jacqueline

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, I have never made tags like that before, they are magnificent. I can just imagine the ooing and aahing around the gift circle if I did...hmm....how many days to christmas are left?

    ReplyDelete
  13. STUNNING tags! That color combo is SO beautiful and yummy designs - your snow flake tag is rocking

    ReplyDelete
  14. You've made this color combo even more exciting - beautifully crafted each one - just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  15. They are just awesome, Sue! Love them all, gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I REALLY love all of the purple! These are all beautiful-- I think the snowflake is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh my gosh Suzanne. I would have styopped at the first one, These are all just fabulous!!!!! real jaw droppers!

    ReplyDelete
  18. now if I coud only spell LOL , it was stopped!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I like all of your tags! They are all lovely

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!