Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Wings of Dreams

Just playing around with my new Hero Arts Designblock Silhouette Grass.

I had a labels 8 die cut shape from white cardstock sitting on my desk from another project and decided to create a background.

The background is created by smearing tattered rose on my craft mat and spritzing water on the ink until it beads. Then use your finger to mix up the ink into swirls on the craft mat. Drag your white card stock through it until completely covered. Let dry with something on it to keep it flat.
Stamp the grass using versamark. Stamp the sentiment and birds using a brown pigment ink. Heat emboss using a clear embossing powder.

Sponge over the bottom half of the card with brown dye ink and top half with Ranger Distress Ink Tattered Rose.

Sponge the edges with brown dye ink and around the tops of the grass to give them a shadow.

Tie some twine around attach a button and you are done. :)

Products:
  • Hero Arts - Silhouette Grass
  • Hero Arts - Old Letter Writing
  • Memento - Rich Cocoa
  • Versafine - Vintage Sepia
  • Ranger Distress Inks - Tattered Rose
  • B Line Design Cube - Birds
  • Verses - QQ0841-3 Wings of your Dreams
  • Spellbinders Nestabilities - labels 8

I forgot to mention my new header. I enjoyed pulling out some of my vintage goodies for my holiday header that I thought I would go rummaging again. The cards leaning up in the background actually have a price tag from Woolworth's on them with 30 cents! I loved Woolworth's when we were growing up, you could always get a great deal. The other set of cards says it is the property of the churches woman's club that my Great-Aunt belonged to. Don't know how my mother ended up with them but glad I have them. My favorite is that little dog and his rug. My mother loved that dog and he always had a spot of honor on her shelf in the kitchen.

Thanks for stopping by...

Suzz

15 comments:

  1. Wow this is a stunning card Sue! Love your combination of stamps, colours, embellishments - everything really!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely love what you did with that silhouette grass, WOW! Ok, now it must go on my wish list, beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that gorgeous card!!! The verse is wonderful - but your background.. yummy!

    I love your new header! The Sheep! The Sheep!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Makes me want to get that stamp Suzz... and I love the header...noticed it at once.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this card Suzz, the colours, stamps and embellishments are all great. That verse is really lovely too.

    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow! this is such a beauty, Sue! so you stamped the sentiment before you clear emboss the grass? i'll have to try that! that way i don't have to get every color of StazOn. Thanks for the helpful instruction!

    Congrats on being in the Memory Box DT!! i just noticed! Have fun! =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love what you created today, Sue! The mix of stamps is wonderful! Want to come give me a class? :) And I'm enjoying your new header, too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a gorgeous card you have created! Your background and stamping are so amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Truly an amazing card design, Sue! You make it look easy but it's a credit to your talent! I'm with Lin, I'd love for you to give me a class also, too bad I'm on the wrong side of the country. Love the new header...what a wonderful collection of memorabilia you have, such treasures! I remember Woolworth's, I bought many a Mother's Day gift there as a child.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amazing card! I so love how you used the grass stamp! Thank you for sharing your background technique - have to try that! And your new header is lovely! Wishing you all the best for the New Year, Sue!

    Hugs,
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is one of the stamps that I got to play with and I struggled!!
    You worked it beautifully, Sue! I'm inspired to give it another go...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card Suzanne, love the effect with the Tattered Rose ink. Great new header too, very classy and vintage! Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  13. I´m speachless Suzz....this is such a fantastic result you made with that technique. Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful card Sue, just wonderful - love everything about your work. I just got my HA coupon but can't shop with it until the 6th of January - guess I'm going to have to wait a while yet for the new stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beauty Sue. Seeing so much of your work with these new HA silhouette stamps makes me think they NEED me!! So thanks for the enabling too...I think...Hero Arts should be paying you a commission!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!