Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Tuesday Trigger - Moxie Fab World

Wow! Two challenge entries in one day... Only because I am on vacation this week could I create two different projects within a day of the challenges. :)

The Tuesday Trigger Challenge on the Moxie Fab World was created by Kazan Clark and inspired by this picture from Coastal Living.

Here is my take on the trigger:

Love the inspiration piece that Kazan created and I probably might try another card which emulates the clean and simple lines. But this morning the inspiration hit to try to capture what inspired the room design.

The background stamp is the new Hero Arts Silhouette Grass. I stamped it in the Versafine Toffee stamp. (I am loving this color more and more) The grass is shaded with watercolor pencil to make it pop on the background. I sponged the background with the Adirondack pool color. The shells, birds and dragonflies are from a new Hero Arts Clear Design set Antique Engravings. The sand is sponged using a dauber and then I added texture and colors using a textured sponge.

The sentiment is from Cornish Heritage Farms Joys and Sorrows.

Thanks for stopping by...

Suzz

27 comments:

  1. This is a lovely card Suzanne, really love how you have used the Wheat Grass stamp. I have just got that stamp myself thanks for all your inspiration with it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. whhhooooo you rock Suzz - another beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is a beautiful card - I really love those gorgeous little dragonflies :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Suzz this is absolutely gorgeous. I love how you did the sand, it looks so realistic.

    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love these beautiful scene with an equally beautiful sentiment/quote! Very serene! (PS-Love your new blog banner, too!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all this beachy goodness...it's so impressive how you layered all the elements to create a realistic scene, looks like you could just step right on in. Wonderful sentiment too!
    Enjoy your time off...hugs, Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful scene! Love how you took the grass to the beach!
    Such a lovely inspired card...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just wonderfully put together Suzz... it is great. Love the shells on the sand - so realistic looking.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your take on Kazan's trigger Suzz!!! You're so talented!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful and so calming. You really accomplished the Tuesday Trigger! Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow! your card just blew me away, Sue!! gorgeous colors and composition. love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh, another fabulous card! I love visiting your blog and seeing the neat stamps you use and your cards which are always so one of a kind!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the combination of stamps in your card ... gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOW!!! WHAT A BEAUTY!!! so beachy so perfect!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You really did justice to that inspiration photo! Matches perfectly, love the sea shells in this card and the grass against the background, so lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh...this makes me want to put on my flip flops and head for the beach! LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. WOW, love this beach scene Suzz. Great execution!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a wonderful beach scene! love those grasses swaying in the breeze!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous card Suzanne, love your take on those wonderful colours, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Congrats, Suzanne!! I have admired your work on
    the Hero Arts Flickr group and am so pleased that
    you will be making cards for another one of my
    favorites, Memory Box! You are very creative and
    so deserve this!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful card! I love the dragonflies!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Such a pretty card! Great interpretation of the photo!

    Betsy Veldman
    [i]Paper Crafts[/i] Go-to Gal

    ReplyDelete
  23. WOW, Sue! This is a piece of art work, totally gorgeous!! Love everything about it!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I can feel the warm breeze and the sand too! I needed that! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hey Suzanne! What a beautiful approach to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! Thanks for playing along! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!